RSU Grants and Vest missing from R44.20 (Deluxe)

rackerjoe
rackerjoe Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
RSUGrant and RSUVest are options in the register but do not load the dialog for adding a grant or vest event.

Additionally there is no option for RSUs from the New Transaction Dialog. This existed on R43.2 but is missing from R44.20

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Edit > Preferences > Investments?  Do you see mention of RSUs there?
    I wonder if RSUs have been removed because you're using Deluxe?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Young I suspect Tom is right and the developers just missed code to not have the RSUGrant and RSUVest are actions in the register.

One thing I see a lot of now is putting new features in Premier and above, but not into Deluxe and below.
    I think this is a direct effort to prove that Premier is worth the extra cost whereas in the past there wasn't that much different in it from Deluxe.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rackerjoe
    rackerjoe Member ✭✭
    Chatted with support this morning and they told me that this is now a feature of the Home and Business version of Quicken. It was a nice feature but certainly not worth $60 additional each year.
  • Hello All, 

I reached out to my team and was able to confirm that this feature is available for H&B users as well as for Premier users. Unfortunately, this feature is not available for those with a Deluxe subscription. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hello @rackerjoe,

To request this feature to be added in the future for the deluxe users, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Darren@
    Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    [Removed - Rant]
  • Darren@
    Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    > [Removed - Rant]
    Hmm, so I was also posting my dissatisfaction with the unannounced change from Deluxe to Premier and my comment gets removed? Wonder if this one will as well...

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    It is currently in the Help section of the Deluxe version.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    I am quite disappointed that the RSU feature is not included (has been removed) in the Deluxe version. The Quicken product comparison webpage borders on fraud or as a minimum false advertising given it states that I can "add manual investment accounts". This is apparently not true. Rather than upgrade my Quicken product, I plan to simply not renew.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    You can still add manual (offline) investment accounts in Deluxe, but you need Premier or higher to use the new RSU features.

You should still be able handle RSUs using the older work-arounds, for example as described here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7611657/can-we-finally-get-real-rsu-account-and-transaction-support/p1

Also there have been several posts describing shortcomings of the new features, and no indication in the release notes that they have been fixed. Here s an example
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7918351/rsu-value-bug
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.