<code>AuthenticationFailed</code>
<type>INPUT</type>
</error>
</Errors>

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Bowsie

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with downloading transactions from your Discover accounts. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bowsie
    Bowsie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine
    Thanks for your interest in my problem.
    I don't know how to take screen shots from my laptop - but here is a copy and paste of the screen.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Errors xmlns="http://schema.intuit.com/platform/common/error/v1">
    <error>
    <code>AuthenticationFailed</code>
    <type>INPUT</type>
    </error>
    </Errors>
  • cowbaby50
    cowbaby50 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Discover credit card has not downloaded transactions to Quicken since 9/14/2022. I have tried resetting the account and deactivating the account and setting it up again. With both, I get a message that says it has downloaded transactions from the last 3043 days, but still I get nothing after 9/14.
  • Bowsie
    Bowsie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine attached screen shot
  • wcikanek
    wcikanek Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Discover card downloads stopped working after 9/20/2022.
    Using direct connect, Automatic entry is off. 

I have validated Quicken file, reset account, deactivated/reactivated account, turned off download scanning in IObit Malware FIghter. Nothing appears to change. 
    Process runs, but downloads nothing. No error messages, no pop up windows to acknowledge that it ran successful or not. 

I read most of the other posts regarding the recent Discover problems with connectionsd and none appear to handle my situation.Neither debits or credits are coming through.

Please help. My monthly cycle ended on 10/5/2022 and I would like to be able to reconcile. 

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Discover decided to stop supporting Direct Connect effective 9/27.  You need to reauthorize your Discover card account for Express Web Connect in order to resume downloading.  You might want to review this thread to get more information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20301637#Comment_20301637.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue with downloading transactions from your Discover account(s). 

Could you please come back and update us after switching your accounts to Express Web Connect? We would like to know if you are still experiencing issues with downloading transactions after changing your connection method. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• wcikanek
    wcikanek Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I followedd the instructions, but still no transactions downloading. I did originally try to download into a new file and move transactions to a new account and this appeared to work on first try, but not on succeeding downloads. I went back and deleted the new account. Should I try and create a new account again? Am I only allowed to download transactions once? If so, why do more currrent transactions not download?
  • wcikanek
    wcikanek Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I went through the fixit routine again and still no transactions. Trying to reconcile in quicken does not show an imbalance which would indicate that the balance is not coming back either. It's as if I did not connect at all. Running R44.23 which came down this morning. 
  • Stephen203
    Options
    Discover tells me that Quicken took away the ability to use QFX files, what say you Quicken?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discover tells me that Quicken took away the ability to use QFX files, what say you Quicken?
    The truth is just the opposite. Discover removed support of Web Connect/QFX, not Quicken Inc.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • K-dub
    K-dub Member ✭✭
    Options
    My experience mirrors wlckanek's exactly. No errors. No downloads. Tried everything.
  • K-dub
    K-dub Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got the correct balance (no individual transactions) when I added Discover as a "new account", but subsequent downloads have come up empty for ANY transactions or new balances.

It appears exactly the same - as if it SAYS it's downloading, but it's not.
  • K-dub
    K-dub Member ✭✭
    Options
    ... and the new account is via Express Web Connect, as it is supposed to be.
  • wcikanek
    wcikanek Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I also tried to reconcile account with download, but that did nothing either. Quicken obviously is not pulling down the balance either as it remains unchanged from last week. Recent payments not showing either.
  • Bowsie
    Bowsie Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reauthorized and it worked -so far
  • K-dub
    K-dub Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still broken.
  • AZspartan
    AZspartan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem for me. I have disconnected, reconnected, followed instructions time and time again, disabled and re-enabled online account updates, for the last 2 month and everything is broken. I have looked for a way to enable the new connection method, but this does NOT work. I now have a perpetual error with every onetime update that says I need to reconnect to discover, even though I no longer have this service enable for automatic updates. FIX THIS!!!! Give us ONE FIX now. Why does it seam the Quicken team has no idea what is happening? Please give us one answer.
  • frstrateduser
    Options
    Quicken points at Discover and discover points at Quicken. Either way, the customer gets shafted. There is now no easy way to download my Discover transactions. I've been a Quicken user for over 20 years. The product continues to evolve from bad to worse.
  • Steven Warren
    Options
    would very much like to use the quicknperlwiz solution. I have download the file but lack understanding process (step by step) how to use the file to convert CSV to QIF. Can anyone guide me?
    Syzegy
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would very much like to use the quicknperlwiz solution. I have download the file but lack understanding process (step by step) how to use the file to convert CSV to QIF. Can anyone guide me?
    Syzegy
    This is best handled by you submitting a contact form on my website: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
    Quicken Inc wouldn't take kindly to giving support of another program here.
    Note that there is a lot of instructions on the website.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    My wife's account downloaded a ton of transactions from Discover yesterday, Meanwhile, my Discover last transaction is Oct 18, 2022

Worse, Discover doesn't even have a Quicken download. Only Excel or CSV or PDF.

I just did chat with Discover:

Hello XXXXX, I'm Megan in our Ohio location. I would be more than happy to assist you today. Unfortunately we no longer support Quicken anymore.

She told me to update Quicken (mine is) and try again. I am trying to add it again but it seems want to Link to Existing to the wrong account. I have 2 Discover accounts with me. For the first one, it lets me use the Link to Existing drop down menu to choose it. For the second one, it is pointing to my wife's Fidelity account (wrong) and the dropdown menu won't move. I feel very lost on this. I've spent a lot on Discover recently because of the 5% cash back on Samsung/Apple pay, and I'd like to get it into Quicken, like I have for that past 28 years.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My wife's account downloaded a ton of transactions from Discover yesterday, Meanwhile, my Discover last transaction is Oct 18, 2022

Worse, Discover doesn't even have a Quicken download. Only Excel or CSV or PDF.

I just did chat with Discover:

Hello XXXXX, I'm Megan in our Ohio location. I would be more than happy to assist you today. Unfortunately we no longer support Quicken anymore.

She told me to update Quicken (mine is) and try again. I am trying to add it again but it seems want to Link to Existing to the wrong account. I have 2 Discover accounts with me. For the first one, it lets me use the Link to Existing drop down menu to choose it. For the second one, it is pointing to my wife's Fidelity account (wrong) and the dropdown menu won't move. I feel very lost on this. I've spent a lot on Discover recently because of the 5% cash back on Samsung/Apple pay, and I'd like to get it into Quicken, like I have for that past 28 years.

For the Discover account that you have not been able to link to:  This usually occurs when that account is either already set up for download (so a new set up cannot link to it) or when there was some Financial Institution information or account number change at the Financial Institution but your account in Quicken does not reflect it.

If you have not already done so, you might want to try the following:
    1. Back up your data file.
    2. Go to the Account Register you have not been able to link up properly:  Upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > if you see the "Deactivate" button, click on it > General tab > remove all Financial Institution information from the upper right quadrant (everything above the "Contact Name" field).
    3. Go to Add Account or Set Up Now (on the Online Services tab of Account Details) > type in Discover Card > follow the prompts to set up the account and if provided the opportunty to Link to the existing account, do that.
    4. If the Discover Card link does not work, try using Discover Card Account Center, instead.
    If neither of these links works for you, are you given the opportunity with either of them to Add the download as a new account?  If so, you might want to try doing that.  If that is successful in adding a new account in Quicken, let me know and I can walk you through the process for merging your current account data into your new account so you can maintain all of the account history accurately. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Eric Goodfellow
    Options
    same issue
  • Jrroyer
    Jrroyer Member
    Options
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7921532/fix-for-discover-transactions-not-downloading-following-switch-from-direct-connect

This is like the problem. If you have a credit card and a bank account at discover they can get the balance and transactions from "Discover Bank" but the credit card has to come from "Discover Card" in the account tab disable the download and then delete the financial institution - then look for the "Discover Card" for the credit card. Too me an hr to figure out but then works fine!
This discussion has been closed.