Trick-or-Treating...

Options
Quicken Jared
Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler
Good afternoon, everyone! I hope everyone's Fall season is off to an excellent start. Of course, this time of year also brings with it the Halloween celebrations, and in particular, the time-honored tradition of Trick-or-Treating.

For this Icebreaker Discussion, we want to know: what do you think was the best 'treat' - candybars, sweets, pastries, etc. - that one could find when Trick-or-Treating, and feel free to share any amusing anecdotes from your experiences going door-to-door in late October.

I know they aren't for everyone, but in my mind, there is something very nostalgic about candy corn. I guess I probably like the color scheme as much as anything else, lol. I can always remember one year in like 1995 when I dressed up as a soldier and lost my helmet and other parts of my costume while running through the streets of my neighborhood.

We look forward to hearing about your Halloween hijinks!

Regards,

-Quicken Jared 

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I never got to participate in the actual trick-or-treat receiving of candies since it's an American tradition and I didn't live in the U.S. until I was already a teenager. But since having kids and taking them trick-or-treating every year, my favorite candies to sneak from their buckets after bedtime are always Twix and Snickers! YUM! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I think the actual art of "tricking" during Halloween was surpassed by my generation, so unfortunately I never really got to experience any of that. I always considered a little "ding dong ditch" but then how would I get my CANDY?! (which of course, was much more important to me at that age)

My favorite chocolate bar would be Kit-Kats and my favorite candy would have to be Mike & Ikes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point I'm not able to focus on my past trick-or-treating experiences.  I'm just too torn up inside right now because my wife told me that I can't go out this year because I'm "too old".  What?!?  :p

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gee, I miss Peanut's. Gives me a 'warm, fuzzy feeling' thinking about those days gone by. Yea, let's all hope Quicken continually improves. As for perfect, well, nice thought, but will never happen. Not in this world; maybe in the hereafter.
This discussion has been closed.