Mac Investment Reports

hgillman
hgillman Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Reports (Mac)
[Removed - Rant]  Why would you not have Investment Reports like you do on Windows Quicken?

[Removed - Disruptive]

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @hgillman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Please refer to this active Idea post regarding this topic. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    hgillman said:
    Why would you not have Investment Reports like you do on Windows Quicken?
    @hgillman The rest of your post was redacted by a moderator before I saw it, but I get the gist. ;)

The basic answer to your question is that Quicken had to start over from scratch with their Mac product to keep up with Apple's operating system changes, and the current Quicken Mac still lacks a number of features which exist in Quicken Windows and/or the predecessor Quicken Mac 2007. In the eight years since Quicken Mac debuted, the developers have made a lot of progress... and still have a lot remaining to do. There are hundreds of features users have asked for, and the developers can only address a few every month or two, so it's a long term project to address all the features users want in the program.

I'll preface my next comment by saying that having robust investment reports is high on my wishlist for Quicken Mac. But that said, I'm able to get most of the reporting I need using the existing Portfolio by adjusting which accounts to include and what the filters and columns are set to show. It's annoying to have to set this up each time I want to see certain data (instead of having saved reports), but I get most of what I want. If you have something specific you're wanting to see in a report, please post back; there might be a way to get what you want. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.