Gap Barclays can no longer connect

Options
K.
K. Member ✭✭✭
New MFA protocol does not work with Quicken. Contacted Gap Barclays but they don't understand any of this and told me to try different web browsers. Can we get some help from Quicken end?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The answer resides within your graphic ... MFA isn't supported by Q.
    If Gap Barclays supports this, you'll probably have to download from  them using Web Connect, where you log into the website and initiate the download from there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Other banks (Chase, for example) have worked fine with MFA and Quicken. This one must be different
  • TGreen
    TGreen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. Worked last week.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• Ry Bis
    Ry Bis Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Hopeful that Quicken or Barclay will resolve this MFA communication error soon.
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Today I went to "reset connection". After username and password, the dialog asked for additional MFA info and the account is now downloading properly
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What I said on the 21st about the connection working? Well, it stopped working again today. I have contacted Gap/Barclay's and they have nobody who knows what I'm talking about
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Did you contact Quicken Support, as I said earlier? You need to get this problem escalated within Quicken to the proper support team so that someone will start looking into it. Sorry, but just talking about it here in the Community doesn't get it done.

• TGreen
    TGreen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. Hey Quicken, can you get on it? Seamless One Step Update worked about 2 weeks ago for me. Then stopped. Then one time about a week ago Quicken asked for Barclays security questions and it worked. However, then it stopped working again and kept getting CC-800 error. When selecting "Fix It" as suggested, Quicken replies "Success! Account Update is successful". But not. Next update results in same CC-800 error message with same result attempting to "Fix It"
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did contact Quicken support. They escalated the report while I waited on chat, then told me that quicken can’t do anything and I need to contact the bank. Of course, it was the bank’s unhelpfulness that led to my contacting Quicken to begin with. So both parties are pointing at the other and nobody is fixing this
  • jconne
    jconne Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem downloading trx from Barclays for a brand MC. The error is an MFA protocol issue apparently due to a change in the software at Barclays in late November 2022. I'm escalating it within Barclays. Nice customer service people have been trying to help but they have been unsuccessful.
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for trying. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did, when the Barclays people didn’t know the difference between quicken connect and web connect
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.