Quicken misinterpreting transaction dates (Q Mac)

Options
Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
When I download transactions from my bank, they come with a posting date/time stamp with the correct date, a time of 120000, and a time zone offset of -5 hours. For example:

<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>DEBIT
<DTPOSTED>20221117120000[-5]
<TRNAMT>-771.41
<FITID>90000010020221117S0014F39CA93
<NAME>WWW TRF DDA - 4672
</STMTTRN>

When Quicken adds this to the register, it does so with a date a day later, i.e., 2022-11-18.

Please fix this.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Kevin Dean,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution are you experiencing this with? What is the connection method with said financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    And what time zone are you in?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kevin Dean
    Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Connection type is Web Connect right now, but it also occurred when I was using Quicken Connect. The problem exists in both the Windows and the Mac versions.

I'm in Toronto, so the North American Eastern time zone.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Is the time zone in your Mac OS correctly set at ET (UTC -5)?
  • Kevin Dean
    Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it is.

This problem occurred in the Windows version as well. If I recall correctly, it started after Quicken launched the new and improved Web Connect process.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Just for reference I tried this transaction in Quicken Windows (My time zone is Pacific, but I changed it to Eastern and it didn't make any difference):

In reality I wouldn't really expect Quicken to even look at the time zone information the date, but even if they do look at it is the same day when the time is 12:00 no matter what time US/Canadian time zone you are in.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kevin Dean
    Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken is now making a liar out of me. Transactions I just downloaded with yesterday's date are being properly added with yesterday's date. Nothing has changed on my side, and I am 100% certain that the November 17th transaction I referenced in my earlier comment was being imported with the November 18th date.
This discussion has been closed.