Is there a way to suppress the Transaction Recorded notification? (Q Mac)

Options
ajweigl
ajweigl Member ✭✭
When I work through uncategorized transactions, this confirmation window pops up for 2-3 seconds on EVERY transaction. I want to have it suppressed, but don't see a way to do it. It needs a "Don't show again" checkbox! How can I submit this as a feature request?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ajweigl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To request a feature to be added in the future, you can create an idea post. This way, other users with the same or similar requests can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, there's no way to suppress that since it's letting you know that the transaction is no longer shown on the screen with the filter (Uncategorized) that you have in place. Don't know if you've noticed, but you don't have to wait for the notification to disappear... just click and work on the next one. When you click on the next transaction, the notification will disappear much more quickly.

Another workaround... Instead of using the Uncategorized filter, use the search box. Click the magnifying glass and choose Category. Then type Uncategorized in the search box. You will see the same list, but now when you categorize a transaction, you will not see the notification overlay. However, the edited transaction(s) will remain in view until and unless you edit the search term.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • ajweigl
    ajweigl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Both helpful suggestions.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Another approach you might find useful is using the new Home > Dashboard screen. One of the cards shows your uncategorized transactions and lets you categorize them right in that spot, without going to a transaction register and searching or filtering it. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.