One Step Update

Having the following issue

1. I did a successful One Step update on my Quicken file last week.
2. 2 days later, my computer crashed and I could not access the latest Quicken file
3. I had a backup of the Quicken file , the backup was created prior to the One Step update
4. I installed on a new computer used the available backup and tried to perform One Step Update. It will not perform any updates.

What is the solution to this problem?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @User23,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please elaborate and explain what exactly occurs when you attempt a One Step Update? Do you receive any error message(s) and/or code(s) you can provide us with here, please? Does it timeout? Or does simply nothing happen?

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • User23
    User23 Member ✭✭
    No errors or comments. One Step Update completes with only updating Quotes and does not go into the screen showing the accounts being updated.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up and confirming additional details.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    The 6 Step process described above by Quicken Anja worked for me.

MY Issue: I had 22 accounts not updating since Jan 09. I was running the latest Quicken Version (R46.12, Build 27.1.46.12) for Windows Enterprise but still, One Step Update was locking up/program not responding and had to close program each time.

Solution for me: The 6 step process noted above by Anja and a restart on my Windows 11 Pro desktop on Jan 18.

My Thoughts: It seems like a subscription type user needs to logout and log back in with their Quicken ID in order to reestablish/renew their membership on a server within the download process. My annual subscription was renewed on Jan 04 per my financial institution.

Result: Now the download takes less than 1 minute for 22 accounts at 6 financial institutions. Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @EFW,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion to confirm your issue was resolved.

Glad to hear all is working well for you now. :)
    -Quicken Anja