One Step Update

User23
User23 Member ✭✭
Having the following issue

1. I did a successful One Step update on my Quicken file last week.
2. 2 days later, my computer crashed and I could not access the latest Quicken file
3. I had a backup of the Quicken file , the backup was created prior to the One Step update
4. I installed on a new computer used the available backup and tried to perform One Step Update. It will not perform any updates.

What is the solution to this problem?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @User23,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please elaborate and explain what exactly occurs when you attempt a One Step Update? Do you receive any error message(s) and/or code(s) you can provide us with here, please? Does it timeout? Or does simply nothing happen?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• User23
    User23 Member ✭✭
    No errors or comments. One Step Update completes with only updating Quotes and does not go into the screen showing the accounts being updated.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up and confirming additional details.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    The 6 Step process described above by Quicken Anja worked for me.

MY Issue: I had 22 accounts not updating since Jan 09. I was running the latest Quicken Version (R46.12, Build 27.1.46.12) for Windows Enterprise but still, One Step Update was locking up/program not responding and had to close program each time.

Solution for me: The 6 step process noted above by Anja and a restart on my Windows 11 Pro desktop on Jan 18.

My Thoughts: It seems like a subscription type user needs to logout and log back in with their Quicken ID in order to reestablish/renew their membership on a server within the download process. My annual subscription was renewed on Jan 04 per my financial institution.

Result: Now the download takes less than 1 minute for 22 accounts at 6 financial institutions. Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @EFW,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion to confirm your issue was resolved.

Glad to hear all is working well for you now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• eebee
    eebee Member
    although Jared posted (2/21/23) that the ONe Step Update problem is "resolved" it is not resolved. It still freezes and says "updating". I bet I'm not the only one for whom this issue is not resolved.
  • Veggi77
    Veggi77 Member ✭✭
    I agree it is definitely not resolved. I have had issues ever since January. For 3 weeks, I could not download a thing without spending hours disconnecting and reconnecting, deleting and re-entering, etcetera for the One Step Update. A few will update one day. Then, nothing or I end up staring at the little blue mesmerizing circle turning like I will finally get something while it jokingly insinuates "you get nothing. Good day." Today is Discover.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @eebee and @Veggi77,      

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and updates that seems to be continuing. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you are still experiencing the issues detailed in this Alert, I recommend I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • When I do One-step Update, our two brokerage accounts update within a minute or two, but we have several bank accounts that are taking way to long to update. Just now I went to Task Manager and End Task for Quicken. This slowness of updating has been occurring for many months for me. How can this be fixed?
  • hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭

Was this ever fixed? I never had a problem in March or any other time before that, after the release, but now I have the problem. I haven't been able to run one step update since Saturday. Quicken gets frozen, and I need to force quit the application.

• Hello @hpaziii,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The issue the original poster was having was resolved.

Was there anything that happened on Saturday before you noticed the issue, such as a power outage, power surge, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive, or is it on a shared network drive? Is the file synced with any cloud services, such as One Drive or Dropbox? The simplest way to check your file location, if you are in Quicken and have your file open, is to click on File, and look near the bottom of the menu, just above Exit. It will list the last 4 Quicken files you have accessed, with the one you are currently in listed in the #1 spot (see sample image below).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.