How do I change a description name?

Drillsgt
Drillsgt Member ✭✭
I want to change a description name in the transaction register. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you simply select the field and edit it?   And, there's  no field named "description", so what are you trying  to change?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Drillsgt said: I want to change a description name in the transaction register.
    As asked - what exactly are you trying to change ?
    Is this for an Investment Account - what do you want to EDIT ?
    Highlight & select the transaction row - then on far right click Edit -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It might help to know that there really isn't a "Description field" in an investment transaction.  As in, Quicken puts various other fields in that register column depending on what kind of security action the transaction is.  For instance, in a Deposit the Description column will show the payee and category, but in a buy it will show the number of shares and the price.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • K O
    K O Member
    When I download from Amex, it shows as payee, when I run transaction report on that acct, it lists as description and is often wrong, just giving a partial of one word from memo. How do I fix that?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    K O said:  When I download from Amex, it shows as payee… 
    Not sure what “it” is that you are referencing. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    K O said:
    When I download from Amex, it shows as payee, when I run transaction report on that acct, it lists as description and is often wrong, just giving a partial of one word from memo. How do I fix that?
    Can you give us an example of what you're seeing?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.