HSA Bank, connecting but not downloading any transactions
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.
Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with HSA Bank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions? How long has this issue been occurring? What exactly occurs when attempting to update your accounts?
I look forward to your response.-Quicken Jasmine0
Hi Jasmine - No, I am not receiving any error messages. When I initiate the update I am prompted to enter the code that the bank emails to me, and after I enter that code it connects and then downloads nothing. I am not receiving any error messages. I am using One Step Update/Express Web Connect.
> Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with HSA Bank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type.
I am on Windows, and don't see Settings anywhere. Is there a different place I should be looking?1
Thank you for providing more information. I apologize for the miscommunication as you posted this thread in a Quicken for Mac category, I have moved this thread to the proper Windows category.
First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the HSA Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same issue occurs with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
- Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
- Select New Quicken File.
- Click OK.
- In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file.
Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
- Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt.
- Select to not use Mobile.
- Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file.
Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.-Quicken Jasmine0
Thanks, Jasmine. I finally had a chance to try your test file suggestion. The Test File failed to connect at all when I tried it just now. I then tried connecting in my usual Quicken file and it connected and downloaded some transactions dated from 2/6/23 to 2/24/23 but nothing after 2/24/23. There are 11 transactions in that HSA account in March and those did not download.
Not sure what to make of this. Thanks for any additional asisstance you can provide.0
Thank you for your reply,
I'm glad it hear it is connecting now. Here are a few quick things to check when transactions aren't showing in your register:
- Click at the top of the date column to make sure it is sorted by date.
- Check the filters above the register to make sure none of your transactions are being hidden by the filters.
- Check to make sure the transactions are not showing as pending with your financial institution.
If none of that resolves the issue, follow these steps:
- Backup your file.
- In your Quicken, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.
- Click on the blue link that says Sign in as a different user.
- Type "yes" then click the Sign Out button.
- Quicken will log you out, then bring you back to the sign in screen. Before signing back in, close out of the Quicken program and leave it closed for a few seconds.
- Re-open your Quicken program and log in.
- When your file comes back up, run One Step Update. Note: This will take longer than a normal One Step Update since it forces Quicken to re-compare the transactions to what is already in the register.
- Check the affected account(s) to verify if the missing transactions downloaded.