Fidelity NetBenefits -- Wrong amounts showing

aardvarker
aardvarker Member ✭✭
I've seen other posts where Quicken users are having connection issues with Fidelity NetBenefits starting in early March 2023.

My issue is different: When I connect, the balances that are displayed in Quicken are different (less) than what I see when logged in to Fidelity directly. This is by about half. It appears to be downloading only one of two investments I have there.

macOS
Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100)

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @aardvarker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, your balances with Fidelity are incorrect in Quicken and this could be due to only one investment account downloading correctly?

If so, then I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity account(s) to see if it produces the same issue regarding the balance. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    2. Select to not use Mobile.
    3. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• schaefms
    schaefms Member

I'm having the opposite issue - my latest contributions showed up as new mutual funds. Quicken is reporting shares for the old and new funds and my balance is shown as double what it really is.

• Hello @schaefms,

Thank you for your reply. However, since you said your issue is different from the original poster's issue, I recommend you start a separate discussion and explain your issue there so we can better assist. You can use this link if you need directions on starting a new discussion.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• aardvarker
    aardvarker Member ✭✭
    Hello,

I did as suggested and tried a test file. There is no difference in the result.

To summarize, I have two funds at Fidelity/NetBenefits.

One is a target date fund, and the other is a cash fund. Only the target date fund downloads.
  • Thank you for your reply,

Are these accounts connected in your Quicken using Direct Connect or Quicken Connect? Many investment accounts will not download correctly if connected by Quicken Connect. To check the connection method, click on the account you want to check so that it is highlighted on the side bar, then go up to Accounts>Settings. In the Account Settings window that comes up, go to the Downloads tab. It will display the financial institution name and connection method.

If the cash fund is not connected by Direct Connect, I would recommend clicking the Change Connection button (also in the downloads tab). That will bring up a screen with the financial institution already selected. Follow the steps and when you get to the login screen, there should be an Advanced button.

Click on that and make sure Direct Connect is selected.

Note: Not all connections offer Direct Connect as an option. If the connection you are using does not offer that choice, check to see if a different connection with the financial institution does give you that option.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• aardvarker
    aardvarker Member ✭✭
    Fidelity NetBenefits does not offer a Direct Connect option. This problem is new behavior that began within the last couple of months, and there are multiple threads here about issues with NetBenefits.
  • Thank you for your reply,

When I look up Fidelity Netbenefits, I do see a Direct Connect option.

Is that the connection you have been using, or have you been using a different one in Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• aardvarker
    aardvarker Member ✭✭
    The problem is that searching for "NetBenefits" displays two different providers with Fidelity.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @aardvarker,

Have you attempted to connect to the instance located in @Quicken Kristina's screenshot regarding the Fidelity Netbenefits instance that does offer Direct Connect?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• aardvarker
    aardvarker Member ✭✭
    Yes, and that seemed to fix the download. However, you should be aware that in multiple help postings on this topic, support only refers to "NetBenefits" and not which particular one works.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @aardvarker,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.