Citibank Posted Transactions Not Downloading

Options

Quicken has not downloaded posted transactions from Citibank since mid-late February. I tried resetting the account, but this did not resolve the issue. I deactivated and reactivated the account. Also no resolution. I have Quicken Version R.47.15, build 27.1.47.15 and use the Quicken desktop version on a fully updated Windows 11 Pro OS version 22H2 build 22621.1344.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Globalbear,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with CitiBank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Do you have multiple accounts with CitiBank? If so, are the other accounts downloading as expected? What kind of account(s) are these? Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Globalbear
    Globalbear Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a checking account with Citibank. I use Express Web Connect for downloading. I had a "checking plus" overdraft line of credit, but Citibank no longer treats this as a separate account, so I deactivated it in Quicken. I do not receive any errror messages; Quicken just doesn't download any transactions.

I did just go to Citibank and exported transactions from Citibank into Quicken. This worked. Quicken did ask me to relink the account before adding recent transactions. I will monitor to see if this fixed the issue.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Globalbear,

Thank you for providing more information.

I am happy to here that you were able to import the transactions into Quicken!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Globalbear
    Globalbear Member ✭✭
    Options
    While I can import transactions by going to Citibank and exporting to Quicken, new transactions are still not downloading using Quicken Update.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've been having similar problem. I tried deactivating and activating the online setup and it just made it worse. Called Quicken and they said there is a problem they are working on but no ETA just to keep trying. Here is link to the thread but with all the Quicken download issues I would not expect anything soon. I have been exporting transactions from Citi and manually importing the .QFX file for now.

• djevans99
    djevans99 Member
    Options

I am constainly having a problem automatically downloading Citibank transaction. This problem has persisted on and off (mainly on) for the last couple of years. Tech support always tells me to deactivate and reactivate my Citibank accounts. This works for a day or two then problem returns. I am sick of dealing with this and looking for a new finanical management program…….

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, still no fix on the EWC+ working again with Citibank. Been logging in via web site and downloading .QFX file of transaction to import to Quicken accounts. Doesn't seem like Quicken will ever get this working smoothly with Citi.

• carozzaesq
    carozzaesq Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Does anyone have a suggestion for a [Removed - Solicitation]? I don't need a Quicken account if I have to download the transactions directly from Citibank, then import them. This has been going on for years; I've spent numerous hours on the phone with technical support, researching, on the phone with Citibank, etc.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am still having problems with Citi downloads. Just stopped working over a month ago and haven't been able to setup the EWC+ to download at all. Quicken keeps asking if I want to setup online downloads and when I try once in a while it never finds my information.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @JRod,

What kind of accounts are you having trouble connecting? If it is credit cards issued through Citi, I would recommend using Citi Cards instead of Citibank, clicking Advanced Options, and selecting Direct Connect for the connection method. This FAQ gives more information, if you run into issues authorizing Direct Connect with Citi.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've tried Citi Cards before. Did not know there was some way to override with DirectConnect and will take a look.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh by the way, Quicken support had told me issues with Citibank and MFA and that they were working on the issue. I've not gotten any further information about that and its progress.

• Joe Vodraska
    Joe Vodraska Member ✭✭
    Options
    Per Quicken support, this is a know issue. No date given for resolution.
This discussion has been closed.