Email from Quicken?

I received an email that I need to update my American express links by March 23. Is this a valid email?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Broxkc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the email you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Broxkc
    Broxkc Member

I cannot get a screen show from my computer - but this is what it says.

I have to be around a little longer to post a copy of the email - but this is what it says.

Your new American Express connection is ready. Update now. Quicken has partnered with American Express for a faster, more reliable connection. Update your American Express connection now. You will need to update by March 23, 2023, when your American Express accounts will no longer be able to connect using your current connection method.

• Broxkc
    Broxkc Member

Did that help?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Broxkc,

Thank you for providing more information.

What is the email address that sent you this message?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Broxkc
    Broxkc Member

quicken@mail.quicken.com

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Broxkc . Amex has been converting their Quicken customers from Direct Connect (DC) and Express Web Connect (EWC)…and Web Connect (WC)?…connection methods to the newer Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) connection method. I believe this process started last Dec 2022 and needs to be completed by sometime in Mar 2023. Amex was phasing in customer conversions over this time period…not all at one time (similar to what Chase and BofA did last summer/fall).

Those who do not complete the conversion by the conversion date will lose their ability to download transactions into Quicken. (If this happens the download capabilities can be restored later by deactivating and then reactivating their Amex accounts.)

It sure seems like the email you received is valid. I do not have an Amex account so I do not know if there were any conversion instructions provided in that email. Typically, the conversion process is pretty simple:

1. Not part of the actual conversion process but a safety measure in case anything goes wrong: Backup your data file.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    3. Not part of the actual conversion process but a safety measure in case anything goes wrong: In the Memo field of the Opening Balance transaction, enter the Opening Balance dollar amount.
    4. Repeat #2 and #3 for each and every Amex account you have set up.
    5. Then do Add Account or Set Up Now for Amex. Follow the prompts and be prepared to Link the download(s) to the accounts already established in Quicken. (Note: The setup process will probably be a bit different than what you are used to seeing. Just follow the prompts and don't be alarmed by it.)
    6. Check the register balance. If it does not match the online account balance, check the Opening Balance and if the dollar amount of the transaction does not match what you previously entered into the memo field then correct the transaction amount to match what is in the memo field.
    7. If the register still does not match, scroll through the register to see if there are any duplicate transactions present. If you find any, one of each duplicate will need to be manually deleted. (Note: Usually if there are any duplicates they will show up within the window of 90-days prior to the current date.)

The conversion process should now be completed and the register balance should now be accurate.

Let me know if this answered your question and/or if you run into any issues or have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.