Display setting "Show splits" enabled does not save with report.

Options
DavidSchieber
DavidSchieber Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I created a report and checked "Show splits" on the Display tab and saved the report. Next time I opened the report the Display setting "Show splits" was not checked. How do I save this setting with the report? Is this a bug or a feature?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DavidSchieber,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you created the report and customized it to show splits, did you save that report? The next time you accessed the report, did you run the report again, or did you open the saved report?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue has been reported before and is easy to replicate. Saving a report does not save the Show splits selection.

Please see this discussion

QWin Premier subscription
  • DavidSchieber
    Options

Thank you for your replies.

I can create a new Itemized Payees Spending report from the Reports and Graphs user interface, and without doing anything but selecting "Show splits" and saving the report to My Saved Reports, the next time I open the saved report, "Show splits" is un-selected. This is an issue.

To show splits and save the setting, I have another report that I'm not sure how I created that has the "Show splits" display setting that saves the "Show splits" setting with the report. This report differs from the one I created above in this way: it's Customize window has a Headings setting on the Display tab and a Security tab. Does anyone know how this report with the Heading setting and a Security tab is created?

• DavidSchieber
    Options

Okay. I found the answer to my question and, for me this, is a satisfactory work-around for the "Show splits" problem.

To create a payee report that saves the "Show splits" setting and has Headings and Security in the Customize user interface, one selects a transaction from an account and activates the Payee column by right-clicking in the column, then selecting "Launch Mini-Report for Payee <your payee>" from the drop-down list. When the Mini-Report opens select the Show Report button. The report that opens is a Payee report that saves the "Show splits" setting. From there one can select whichever payees belong in the report and select for the heading Payee to sub-total by Payee. One can also filter by tag or catagory, or sub-total by some other selection.

This discussion has been closed.