CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND for 1 Chase card, other 3 OK

Options
Reza Taheri
Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
I have 4 Chase credit cards. Since the update to Version 6.12.4 (Build 612.47934.100), one of the 4 cards returns CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND on 1-click update. The other 3 cards are fine.

When I try to reconnect the account. This is what happens:
- Click on Connect Account
- Brings up "Search"; click on Chase
- In the Authorize window, click on Sign in
- In the browser window, log into Chase
- In How to connect, click on Next
- In What Quicken wants to know, click on Next
- In What to share, I see tick marks next to all 4 accounts. I also checked Include new automatically. Click on Next
- In Review and connect, everything is correctly checked. Click on Connect my account(s)
- Quicken pops back up. Says your accounts have authorized successfully!
- This is where the problem first appears. It shows 3 accounts as Existing Accounts, correctly linked to Quicken accounts. It does not show the 4th account that I wanted to connect
- Click on Finish. It has connected 3 accounts

I have done this many times. Each time, I get an email from Chase, saying You've agreed to share data with Quicken

When I log into my Chase account > Security and Privacy > Linked apps and websites > Quicken, it shows all 4 accounts linked

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reza

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Reza Taheri,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not have a screenshot of the CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND error. Hoping to fix the problem by starting from scratch, I disconnected the account. It would not reconnect as I explained in detail. So, now Quicken doesn't even try to download transactions, so it does not run into the error.

But this doesn't change the nature of the problem: Quicken has trouble connecting to this account. Here are some screenshots. You can see that when I am in the Chase account on the browser, it connects 4 accounts to Quicken. But when I go back to Quicken, it only sees 3 accounts
  • Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine, any ideas? I updated to Version 6.12.5 (Build 612.47953.100) and still see the same problem

Thanks,
    Reza
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Reza Taheri,

Are you the primary cardholder or an authorized user on that account? With most financial institutions, authorized users do not have permissions to download into Quicken. If that is causing the issue, you would need to use the Primary cardholder's login credentials in order to connect the account in your Quicken.

Another thing to check is go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Any account with Chase in the Financial Institution column is trying to connect to Chase. Are there any unused or closed Chase accounts still trying to connect? If there are, those accounts may be interfering with your ability to connect. You will want to either mark them as closed in Quicken (using the Close button on the right side of the Hide and Show Accounts window) or unhide the account so you can disconnect them. Once that is done, try adding your credit card again to see if it will find the account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, @Quicken Kristina. Yes I am the primary user, and the only card holder on that account. FWIW, my wife also has a Chase card. That card is in Quicken, and is downloading properly. So, it says 4 Chase accounts connected, but 1 is my wife's. I should have 5 accounts connected, and that's what I used to see.
    For testing, I disconnected my wife's account, and tried to add a new account. When I want to connect the missing account and click on Chase, it says 3 accounts connected. Chase says there are 4 accounts under my login, and says they are all going to connect. But when I get back to Quicken, it only shows 3 accounts.
    This started happening a couple of weeks ago, I think after I updated Quicken. The missing account hasn't had any transactions since 10/28/22. I haven't touched that account in Quicken for months
    I was able to reconnect my wife's account, which uses different Chase login credentials
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the account separate from the others in any way, such as being a business card, commercial card, Amazon card, etc? Is there a separate web address that you need to log into when viewing that card through your financial institution?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina,
    No, nothing different about that card. It is a British Airways branded card. But my wife also has a British Airways branded card. It is a totally separate card with a separate card #, no authorized users, and I access it on chase.com using her separate credentials. Quicken has no problems connecting to her card. I disabled downloads for her card, then enabled with no issues.

The missing card is not a Business or Commercial card.

I use the same web address and the same credentials to access the missing account as the 3 accounts that are connected (not counting my wife's card). In fact, that's the frustrating part: I want to enable downloads, so Quicken directs me to the Chase web site. Chase happily shows all 4 accounts will be connected. All 4 are listed together. Then when control is returned to Quicken, it shows 3 cards and asks if I want to link them to existing accounts. One of the 4 is lost in the hand over

Thanks,
    Reza
  • Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    One other update: I closed the account under Quicken. I then tried to "add" it as a new account, rather than enabling downloads for an existing account. Same problem: Chase shows 4 account will be connected, Quicken sees 3
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the account visible under your wife's login, or only under yours? Do you use more than one Quicken file, and if so, is that account connected in any of those other files?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    My wife's account is only visible when I log into Chase using her credentials. It's the only account under that login. My British Airways card is only visible when I log in using my own credentials.

I use a single Quicken file

Your question gave me an idea: I created a new Quicken instance, and added Chase accounts. The missing account is indeed visible in that new instance

Thanks,
    Reza
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Since it works in a new file, but not in your existing file, that implies the issue may be file specific. If you're trying to get everything working in one file rather than having to switch between two, the simplest way to do it is to restore a backup from before the problem started. If the issue has been going on too long for that to be a viable solution or if you restore from a backup and the issue still happens, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Note: It is strongly recommended that you disconnect the EWC+ accounts in files that you are not using. Currently, financial institutions that use EWC+ are: Capital One, Chase, USAA, American Express, Charles Schwab, and Bank of America.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    I restored from the March 17 backup. I tried a one-click update. It said:

Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud.
    This is an older copy of a file that is using Quicken Cloud. You can’t use connected services with this file unless you reset Quicken Cloud using the data from this file, which will disable Quicken Cloud for other copies of this file.

This sounded ominous!! But I took a leap of faith and moved forward. It had to re-establish online connections with all accounts, but the good outcome was that it now sees the missing account. I had to re-do any corrections or category settings for transactions of the past two weeks, but all is well now.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    Reza
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear you're able to get all of your Chase accounts linked up and downloading in the restored backup.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.