Can't Connect to Capital One

Options
JVSDC
JVSDC Member ✭✭

I used to be able to connect to Capital One with no problem but recently I get asked to reauthorize and then get an Care Code: FDP-189: "CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI"

Any idea what I shoud l do about this?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JVSDC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are receiving this error.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Capital One? How long have you been receiving this error? If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JVSDC
    JVSDC Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Jasmine,

Thanks for responding. I am using Quicken Connect to connect to Capital One. I believe that I have been having this problem for about a month. There was an update for Quicken for the Mac today which I installed and am still having the problem. I am including a screenshot showing the two error messages that I am receiving. I have santized the image a bit, but everything that you need should be visible.

Thanks much!

Jeff

• mitchellr333
    Options

I am having the exact same problem. I am using the latest version of Quicken 6.12.5. This just started happening a few weeks ago.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

That error message generally means there is an issue with that specific connection. To resolve it, follow these steps:

1. Backup your file.
    2. In your Quicken, click on the account so that it is highlighted in the list of accounts on the left and you can see the register. Then, go up to Accounts>Settings.
    3. In the Account Settings window that comes up, go to the Downloads tab.
    4. Click on the Disconnect Account button. If you get a confirmation pop-up, click the appropriate response.
    5. Once the account is disconnected, go up to Accounts>Add Account.
    6. Search for Capital One. It will give you several different connection options. Try connecting using Capital One Bank - New, Capital One 360, or Capital One Card Services.
    7. It should redirect you to Capital One's website to authorize. Once it says success, it should redirect you to Quicken.
    8. In Quicken, it should load the add/link screen. Make sure it is seeing the correct name in Quicken for it to be downloading into. If it is not showing the correct name, or is showing Add to Quicken, you should be able to hit the dropdown to change it to the correct name to download into.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JVSDC
    JVSDC Member ✭✭
    Options
    This worked for me. Thank you @Quicken Kristina!
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it worked.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.