Duplicate Transactions in Download

Options
tbf47
tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am using Quicken premier. For about 3 days, I receiving in my transaction downloads duplicates. Any idea of why this is happening? The primary institution this is occuring with is Candence Bank. Ideas ?

P.S. Oddly, many of these duplicate transactions are showing a 0 in the check number field when there is not a check number associated with the transaction.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

Best Answer

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    DETAILED STEPS I USED:

You need to go to Tools, then Accounts on Quicken, then on each Cadence Account: Edit, then Online Services, middle tab. Deactivate each individual Cadence account. Allow time for each deactivation process to complete. Deactivate all Cadence account re: online services downloads.

Now go back to each Cadence account, Edit, General tab opens by default. Then delete the info on Financial Institution line and Account Number for each account.
    Go back to Tools, Accounts, all your Cadence accounts should now display 'Unavailable' under the Transaction Download tab.
    Restart Quicken.

Go to Tools, Add Account. Search for Cadence Bank, you will have 4 choices, choose:
    Cadence Bank WC. My option was at the top of the list. If you have Security options on your phone app, it will prompt you to get by text or email a 6 digit code and enter it to confirm your identity.

Once connected, your accounts will be displayed, match each Cadence account on this download display to your Quicken named accounts so they will populate appropriately when you finish. You need to click on toggle to match instead of blindly Downloading to quicken. If you do it correctly, each option will be reduced by one as you match your accounts. Viola!

Good Luck, Standing By.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @tbf47,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether this is caused by an issue within your current data file or an issue within the servers.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file.  Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account and try adding the account you are experiencing the duplicate download problem with in your original file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am unable to establish the bank account. Message says Sorry. We encoundered an error.(It is not your fault)

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

PS, it is giving me an option to enter transactions manually. I am assuming I am not to select that option. Correct?

• mlindsey1970
    Options

Expericening same issue with same institution (CADENCE BANK) as @tbf47 for the same timeframe. Also experienceing the same error when trying to establish the bank account in a TEST Quicken file.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

With the latest build of Quicken Deluxe Version 48.15 Build 27.1.48.15 my DC Banking account transactions are being duplicated when updating accounts.

It's there a fix for this? Deleting and resetting up the accounts doesn't fix the issue… very frustrating having to manually delete the duplicates each time.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

@tbf47 thank you for following up & @mlindsey1970 thank you for adding to this discussion and trying the previous suggestion as well.

Yes, that is correct.

Since you both received the same result; could you please confirm which of these 4 instances you selected in the test file? And which of these is being used in your original file?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja and @mlindsey1970, Candance Bank DC is the correct one. However, I spoke at length yesterday with a Bank I.T. representative. They are aware of this problem. Their system is infact creating duplicates transactions with different individual id numbers each time. I have stopped including this bank in my account transaction updates. He said it is a priorty and they have a ticket open to do that. He said he would call me when it is resolved. I will pass on the word. Thank you

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hellow @gnphiker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Which financial institution(s) are you getting duplicate downloads from?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options

It's only with Cadence Bank.

Thanks, Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gnphiker,

Thank you for your reply. Since there is already a discussion about duplicate transactions coming from Cadence Bank DC, I am going to merge this discussion into the original discussion. Based on what I can see in the original discussion, this is an issue on Cadence Bank's end. They are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina thank you very much.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > @Quicken Anja and @mlindsey1970, Candance Bank DC is the correct one. However, I spoke at length yesterday with a Bank I.T. representative. They are aware of this problem. Their system is infact creating duplicates transactions with different individual id numbers each time. I have stopped including this bank in my account transaction updates. He said it is a priorty and they have a ticket open to do that. He said he would call me when it is resolved. I will pass on the word. Thank you

Thanks for the info. I've been having the same issue with them.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina, any update on this getting resolved with Cadence Bank?

Thanks
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gnphiker , I have not recieved an update from Candance. I am waiting on a response to a request for an update.

thanks

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    @tbf47 thanks! Hopefully they’ll have it worked out soon.
  • CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

A little late to the Community thread on this but I'll just add my 2-cents .. I'm having identical problems with Cadence (Check #0) and duplicate transactions downloaded (even the '0' check transactions which exactly match items already downloaded will download again). I have 3 accts at Cadence; all have same problem. I download from 9 FI's daily, and Cadence is the only problem. My accounts all have "Cadence Bank DC" as the FI.

Thanks to Community folks for contacting Cadence and sharing their awareness of the problem. Will wait for resolution.

I've used Quicken for 30 years .. it's mystifying how everything will run like a well-oiled machine for months/years, then blow up for some reason. They call it "progress", I guess :-)

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recieved the following in an email from a Cadence Bank associate.

"I confirmed with the technical team that they've narrowed down the issue and

have escalated it with that vendor to high priority. I expect a resolution very soon."

• whgallmann
    whgallmann Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with Cadence duplicate downloads. Standing by . . . . .
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > I recieved the following in an email from a Cadence Bank associate.
    >
    > "I confirmed with the technical team that they've narrowed down the issue and
    >
    > have escalated it with that vendor to high priority. I expect a resolution very soon."

Thanks for keeping us updated!!
  • w_prentiss1
    w_prentiss1 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

About two weeks ago, the downloads from my Cadence Bank checking account stopped wotking properly. Some of the downloaded transactions appropriately match the entries in my Quicken register, but others do not. I also have not been able to match such downloads manually. And even if I accept the transactions, they re-appear as new downloaded transactions again during the next one-step update.

• ed75
    ed75 Member
    Options

Same here, it started about a couple of weeks ago, when doing transaction update I kept getting the same items that have already cleared and one other thing in the check number field the transaction has "0".

• w_prentiss1
    w_prentiss1 Member
    Options

I'm also seeing the "0" in the check number field. Very frustrating. Hopefully Quicken and/or Cadence Bank will figure out the issue soon.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken ... it's been 2 weeks and still no fix ☹
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is correct I checked with them this past week. I recieved this, "I've been speaking with my contact in the technical team and they have been working on a resolution. I've made sure they're aware of the urgency of this issue. The last time I spoke, they were running the software in an enclosed environment to pinpoint the exact source of the problem. I fully understand your frustration with this and I want nothing more than to have a fix ready to send out. I assure you I will contact you as soon as one is made available."  

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @w_prentiss1 and @ed75,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. There is already a discussion on this issue, so I am going to merge this discussion into the existing one. The issues you are describing are known issues that Cadence bank is already working to resolve.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JHorn
    JHorn Member
    Options

I certainly hope that the IT people at Cadence can get this figured out soon. I have been a Quicken user for decades, and I have never had a problem with bank downloads until now. I suspect it has something to do with Bankcorp South/Cadence merger; although the download problem did not start until a few weeks ago, long after the merger had taken place. It is very frustrating to have the same transactions that have already been cleared and reconciled in my account repeatedly download and show as new transactions.

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options

Been With Cadence through Summit and Bankcorp South. 9 accounts. Quicken Window running on Mac 25 years nearly without issue.

Now same download issues as all above, '0' notice may be key to fixing this event.

Have spent countless hours trying to fix on own and with little notice by Quicken Moderators. Not complaining, but how about

Quicken Moderator put this front and center on the 'Online Banking Issue' banner with Cadence in the notice line. Also make sure the IT people are well aware of the '0' entry…….

Hint: Maybe they could use some help from Quicken Staff, does not sound like they have expertise locally on hand to fix.

Thanks for the members above for speaking out on the forum.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    I contacted Cadence Back about it yesterday for the 2nd time and didn’t get an answer 🙄
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"I spoke with a long time Quicken user in Cadence Admin. He has been using Quicken for as long as I have."}]},{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"He was never able to use DC, ever. He uses Cadence WC(Web Connect), he is NOT having this issue with any of his accounts. This may explain the slowness of response from Cadence IT, not everone is having this issue."}]},{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"I just Deactivated each on of my accounts individually, wiped the Financial Instituion and Router number from Account data individually and quit and restarted Quicken. Set up Account as new, chose Cadence Bank WC and matched all my accounts to my accounts in Quicken. No dupicates but for just one 'manually added duplicate' in last 30 days. Deleted it."}]},{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"However, it retrieved all my account data, one account was 4,914 days old…….So my Balances on older accounts are off a bit on 4 of 9 accounts ($518, $30.30, $200, $220). The 5 unaffected accounts are newer and have fewer transactions in general."}]},{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"Will redownload in next couple of days to see if this holds… I'll keep ya'll posted.😎"}]}]
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I spoke with a long time Quicken user. He has been using Quicken for as long as I have. He was never able to use DC, never. He uses Cadence WC (Web Connect), and he is NOT having this issue with any of his accounts. This may explain the slowness of response from Cadence IT, not everyone is having this issue. I just Deactivated each one of my accounts individually, wiped the Financial Institution and Router number from Account data individually, and quit and restarted Quicken. Set up my Account as new, chose Cadence Bank WC, and matched all my accounts to my accounts in Quicken. No duplicates but just one manually added duplicate in the last 30 days. Deleted it, However, it retrieved all my account data, one account was 4,914 days old…….So my Balances on older accounts are off a bit on 4 of 9 accounts ($518, $30.30, $200, $220). The 5 unaffected accounts are newer and have fewer transactions in general. Will redownload in the next couple of days to see if this holds… I'll keep yall posted.😎

[Edited for Readability]

This discussion has been closed.