Account Details > Display Options for all accounts

Options
LMillsap1
LMillsap1 Member ✭✭
I have seen and used a page that is a matrix of all accounts that has the same options for each account that is in the Account Details> Display Options window has. At some point I had unchecked everything I could on that page to make all the accounts show up in all the various places that accounts are displayed so I could do some serious reorganization. Now that I'm done with the reorganization, I'm having trouble finding that page again so I can change their display options without having to edit each one individually. Question 1: What happened to it? Question 2: How can I find it again
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@LMillsap1 - Take a look at Tools > Manage Hidden Accounts. Is that what you are looking for?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@LMillsap1 - There is one other way to get to Manage Hidden Accouts. One the left side of the screen is the Accounts List Bar (unless you opted to have it shown on the right side of the screen). For the accounts you have hidden in each Group, at the bottom of the Accounts Group is a More Accounts link. Click on that link and at the bottom of the popup you will see a link for Manage Hidden Accounts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Are you thinking of Tools > Account List?

• LMillsap1
    LMillsap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did find that several times, but I still have to go into each account to change it. The screen I’m looking for had the accounts listed down the left side, three columns of checkboxes, and a column of buttons on the right that indicate the account’s open/closed status.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options

What version of Quicken are you using? (Help > About Quicken)

I have been a QWin user for 13 years and what you describe is not anything I can remember ever seeing before. Maybe someone else with a better memory that me will pipe in on this.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@LMillsap1 - Take a look at Tools > Manage Hidden Accounts. Is that what you are looking for?

• LMillsap1
    LMillsap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Eureka! If it was a snake, it would have bitten me! Thanks.

I now see why I missed it. There is "Account List", then "Add Account" (both Account related tools), then it goes to "Calendar", "Alerts Center" (I have never used these), then "Manage Bill & Income Reminders" and "Manage Hidden Accounts". When I want to work with the alerts (which I frequently do), I visually and mentally group "Manage Bill & Income Reminders" and "Manage Hidden Accounts" as Manage tools, then tunnel focus on and click "Income Reminders" (in that scenario, "Hidden Accounts" just never registers in my brain, possibly because the word Accounts is at the end of the phrase). However, when I'm wanting to do something with accounts, my tunnel focus is on the menu items at the top of the list with the word Account near the beginning of the phrase.

Maybe Quicken could move "Manage Hidden Accounts" up and have it be the 3rd Account related tool ("Account List", "Add Account", "Manage Hidden Accounts").

Thanks again.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023
    Options

You are welcome. I agree that it would be good for Manage Hidden Accounts to show up in a more logical area.

Personally, I think it should be an option or link in Account List. After all, Account List alread allow us to go to Add Account, Edit Account Details, show/hide Hidden accounts, reorder accounts, upgrade connection method and set up Bill Manager. To me it just seems logical and very intuitive if a button or link to access the Manage Hidden Accounts tool were to be added there.

I have gone ahead and added this as a New Product Idea. Please review it and if you agree with it be sure to cast your vote for it by clicking on the upward pointing triangle below and to the left side of the post. Following is the link to that New Product Idea.: Add Link for Manage Hidden Accounts to Account List.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@LMillsap1 - There is one other way to get to Manage Hidden Accouts. One the left side of the screen is the Accounts List Bar (unless you opted to have it shown on the right side of the screen). For the accounts you have hidden in each Group, at the bottom of the Accounts Group is a More Accounts link. Click on that link and at the bottom of the popup you will see a link for Manage Hidden Accounts.

• LMillsap1
    LMillsap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yup! That's probably where I stumbled into it in the first place.

Thanks.
  • LMillsap1
    LMillsap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Kristina,

My suggestion related to the Tools form. Relocate the existing "Manage Hidden Accounts" (item #6) up to item #3 (just below "Add Account"). Seems like a little more intuitive spot to place it.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @LMillsap1,

Thanks for reaching out; I'd recommend going over to the suggestion thread to add your vote and put your suggestion in the comments. You can use this link to access the thread.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.