Fidelity 529 downloading wrong share price daily

Options
Smokey7422
Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have a 529 account for my niece. It's the NH PORTFOLIO 2027 (FIDELITY INDEX). When I do my Quicken update, the price for that fund is often way off. Usually, it's showing to be several dollars per share higher than what it really is. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how do I get this corrected?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Smokey7422,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Fidelity? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to download? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Is there a Security setup in Quicken to reflect this -
    https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/NHX202764?appcode=529

I have a 529 account for my niece. It's the - NH PORTFOLIO 2027 (FIDELITY INDEX)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Smokey7422 . Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the main Edit Security Detail view for this fund Portfolio?

Also, if it shows it is matched to an online security, please click on Other and take a screenshot of that view, too?

And then attach them to a reply post here?

This is a fund portfolio, not a mutual or index fund. It is, instead, comprised of a number of different mutual and/or index funds that are allocated in such a way as to drive toward a specific objective. They don't usually have their own tickers and CUSIPs and are not publicly traded. So, I am curious as to how this fund portfolio is set up in your data file and how you are getting pricing downloaded for it during One Step Update. The requested screenshot will be helpful in understanding that and perhaps providing you with a good answer.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @Smokey7422,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.
    >
    > Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Fidelity? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to download? How long has this issue been occurring?
    >
    > I look forward to your response.

Jasmine, it's Direct Connect. There are no errors.
  • Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Is there a Security setup in Quicken to reflect this -
    >
    >
    > I have a 529 account for my niece. It's the - NH PORTFOLIO 2027 (FIDELITY INDEX). 

There is one. No symbol but it has a CUSIP.
  • Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Hi @Smokey7422 . Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the main Edit Security Detail view for this fund Portfolio?
    >
    > Also, if it shows it is matched to an online security, please click on Other and take a screenshot of that view, too?
    >
    > And then attach them to a reply post here?
    >
    > This is a fund portfolio, not a mutual or index fund. It is, instead, comprised of a number of different mutual and/or index funds that are allocated in such a way as to drive toward a specific objective. They don't usually have their own tickers and CUSIPs and are not publicly traded. So, I am curious as to how this fund portfolio is set up in your data file and how you are getting pricing downloaded for it during One Step Update. The requested screenshot will be helpful in understanding that and perhaps providing you with a good answer.

Here you go. And it does have a CUSIP.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That there is no ticker symbol and there is a CUSIP means the prices are coming from the brokerage. You can look at the OFX log (Help menu) to see the actual prices they are sending. Are you seeing a different price on their website than they are sending to Quicken?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also because there is no ticker symbol you should un-check the Download Quotes box in the Security List.

That will prevent Quicken's quote provider from trying to download quotes.

Do you have the Real time quotes option enabled (Premier and up only)? There have been reports that that sometimes downloads incorrect quotes if there is no ticker symbol.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options

Also, what is your source for the "should be" quotes that you use to compare with the downloaded prices?

• Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Also, what is your source for the "should be" quotes that you use to compare with the downloaded prices?

When I compare what was downloaded on the Investing tab and what Fidelity shows when I log into my account are two different things. Sometimes in Quicken, it shows a price that is $2 to $3 higher than what Fidelity shows the price to be.

As an example, on March 31st, it downloaded a price of $23.02. On the next trading day, April 3rd, it downloaded a price of $20.64. The latter was correct. It does this every few days with the wrong price so I see either a massive increase in her value (which would be great) or a massive swing the other way.

I have removed the download quotes checkmark. Will see what happens next time I update the prices.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options

Since Quicken only gets prices for this security from Fidelity, you should go to the Account, click on the gear at the top right, and pick Update Now to update both prices and transactions.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I don't see Update Now for any of my investment accounts. I believe Update Now is available only for Spending Accounts or am I mistaken about this?

For investment accounts I see the following online options via the account register Gear icon:

• Update Transactions
    • Update Quotes only

To get a single investment FI to update both Transactions and Quotes I usually do the following since I won't be risking changing my default Update Settings by mistake:

• Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It appears that removing the checkmark for the Download Quotes for this fund seems to have worked. The price that it downloaded yesterday is correct.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options

Thanks for the update @smokey7422

Did you also have Real time Quotes selected? I think the incorrect quote download also depends on that

This discussion has been closed.