Why have I've not been able to get my Lowes Business Card to update transactions since 4/1/23?

cpscholes
cpscholes Member ✭✭

This is the error: We were unable to validate your login information with Lowe's Commercial Card (Synchrony. Try signing in again. (Error Code: FDP-103)

And for what it's worth, all my other cards and bank accounts are working fine.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @cpscholes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

Thank you, unfortunately, this did not work. I deleted my Lowe's connection as described and deleted a Quicken password from keychain as described. But when I went back to Add Account as instructed, the connection process went for many minutes and eventually gave an error that unfortunately has now disappeared. I just tried to connect again and a different error came up:

An unexpected error occured.

Please try again later.

Details:

REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thank you for following up, though I'm sorry that you continue to experience trouble.

Next, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

Thanks so much for the support article. Unfortunately after following the instructions, Quicken will still not connect to the Lowes Commercial Synchrony credit card account. It is trying to connect to onlinecreditcenter6.com when I select Lowes Commercial from your menu.

It attempted to "Add Account" for several minutes before failing and displaying the below error.

Please help!

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-102

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT
    Retry. SUB_ERROR_CODE:519 SESSION_FAILED_519null

• Thank you for your reply,

The issue you are describing is a known issue our teams are currently working to resolve, though we do not yet have an ETA. If you wish to be notified of updates and know when the issue is resolved, you can bookmark this Community Alert. If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, please make sure you are signed into the Community. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes and we thank you for your patience.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• I also haven't been able to connect and download for weeks. Quicken will still not connect to the Lowes Commercial Synchrony credit card account. Do you have an ETA now?

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

Still broken, a month later…….

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If Synchrony made changes to their websites, they also need to coordinate these changes with the download service provider, Intuit Inc., in a timely manner before the change is implemented. And they need to provide their customers with instructions on how and when to reconnect to their services.

While you're waiting for Synchrony to get their act together, have you tried accessing your card account thru their website? If so, is there a function to download a Quicken-compatible (QFX) file with either a monthly statement worth of transactions or a Date Range you can specify. You should be able to import this QFX file into your account register in Quicken. And that should keep you going …

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

So yesterday I received a message from "Quicken Jasmine" that the issue has been resolved. I was elated and looked forward to trying to login to Lowes today. Until just now, when it didn't work. Get this message below. Sadness. I logged out of quicken and back in but no love.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-101

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
    General error. General Script Error

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

The FDP-102 error issue has been resolved. It sounds like you are now encountering a different error. I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article, and if the issue persists after that, contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

I now am getting a 108 error. I called the support number and that was a wholly unsatisfying 30+ minute expedition where zero attempts to work with me to rectify the problem were made. All the agent did was ask me the same questions over and over and typed a lot. And then he offered to have a senior tech person call me back later, did about 5 minutes of typing and then announced that actually they can't have anyone call me back.

This is all amazingly insane. Closing in on two months of not being able to connect.

• Quicken Kristina

FDP-108 errors mean that our servers are getting a message from the financial institution servers saying that user action is required on the financial institution website. If you are still getting that error, I would recommend following the steps in this article.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

I spoke to the financial institution yesterday

and they say they have no issues

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Ok, playing connection technician myself. After dozens of calls, most recently to Synchrony bank, I have an rather certain idea what the problem is:

Quicken doesn't know the correct URL to connect to Lowe's BUSINESS cards (via Synchrony bank). The correct URL is https://lowes.syf.com/commercial

Quicken offers three choices of Lowe's "financial institutions" when you type Add Account (on a Mac):

1. Lowe's Commercial Card (Synchrony
      1. URL - onlinecreditcenter6.com
      2. This does not work with a Lowe's business card [Edited-Readability] (it's Very confusing how Synchrony brands these admittedly
    2. Lowe's Consumer Credit Card
      1. URL - lowes.syf.com
      2. This also does not work with a Lowe's business card [Edited-Readability]
    3. Lowe's Credit Center
      1. URL - lowes.syf.com
      2. Same URL AS #2 and so, does not work with a Lowe's business card [Edited-Readability]

Look carefully at the URL that does work when I login to my account via the website at this address [Edited-Readability]:

https://lowes.syf.com/commercial

That, right there, will get you to the correct business card login page [Edited-Readability]

Yes…I know the /commercial is confusing because you would think it should be /business, but it's what works

Please contact me asap, thanks

• Quicken Kristina

If that is the issue, then please review UKR's post from the May 3rd.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Quicken has the wrong URL for Lowe's Business Advantage card - been broken for many weeks

In trying to Add Accounts (again) for a Lowe's card, the only business/commercial option is:

Lowes Commercial Card (Synchrony

onelinecreditcenter6.com *** This URL does Not work

The correct URL is

lowes.syf.com/commercial *** This URL Does work

I have spent hours working with Synchrony and Quicken support and this is the confirmed and correct information. IT will not .

Developers: Please change this ASAP

[Merged Post]

• cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

Candidly, it's surprising that I would be vectored by Quicken to UKR's post. Frankly, I am waiting for Quicken & Synchrony to "get their act together" and talk to each other. It is a simple URL change that needs to take place. Lowe's Business cards should connect to lowes.syf.com/commercial.

Synchrony knows it

Quicken knows it

But for some reason, Quicken still does not have that URL as an option when you type in Lowes. So that is the act that needs to come together. I'm pretty fatigued with being the IT department of both companies.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023

@cpscholes I'm sorry to say that your posts here addressed to the developers won't be read by the people who handle this sort of issue. First, it's not the Quicken product developers; it's the connectivity team at Intuit, which handles connectivity for Quicken under contract. Yes, someone at Quicken can report things to Intuit, but that someone isn't reading posts on this site. They also won't reach out to contact you as you've requested. This site is not Quicken Support; it's a community site with fellow users and a few Quicken moderators. The moderators don't have any insight into when a connectivity issue is going to be resolved by Intuit .

If you want dialog with Quicken, calling Quicken Support is the only way to achieve that. If the issue has been properly documented and entered in their system, there's not much more you can do but sit and wait. In fact, there's nothing more Quicken can do other than get the issue into the queue at Intuit.

You were referred to UKR's post because it contains the correct information about connectivity issue. By contract, financial institutions must report connectivity changes to Intuit, and then Intuit works to implement the change. Sometimes this takes a matter of days; sometimes it takes weeks or longer.

Also, although you've reported the URL that works to log into your account, that's often not the correct URL for Quicken/Intuit to use. Many financial institutions have different servers and/or different URLs for third-party software accessing their systems than what consumers use. And while sometimes it's as simple as changing a URL, more often there are other security protocol changes that the financial institution has implemented which Intuit has to sync up with. Unless you were talking to a high-level support person at Synchrony who specifically deals with their connectivity to Intuit and other third-party financial programs, the support person you talked with may not have the correct information. And even if they did, they need to be talking with Intuit about getting it fixed, because there's nothing we as end users can do to intervene in or speed up that process.

I know you're frustrated, and me telling you there's little or nothing to be done doesn't help that frustration. But I hope this information helps you understand what has to happen, and why posting here about it isn't going to lead to the resolution you're waiting for. You can continue to call Quicken Support to report the problem is not resolved, although you may not get much satisfaction there. Or probably better, go back to Synchrony support and ask for a Tier 2 representative who is specifically knowledgeable about their connection to Quicken/Intuit.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much Jacobs for the thoughtful and well crafted message. Your info is spot on and your empathy is appreciated. I do realize that Quicken/Intuit could be using another means to access my account that is inherently more secure (SFTP and such). All I have been trying to point out for the past many weeks is that what is there isn't working and the generic replies of follow these delete-re-establish steps are not working.

I am happy(ish) to report that I have received some helpful assistance from senior folks within Quicken. And while the fact still remains that Intuit is the data broker in the equation, which makes this a more compound/complex problem, at least I have a conversant individual with a Quicken exec team badge passing along the information I've been sharing. She, too, sees the issue at hand and agrees that this info should prove helpful in resolving the problem.

To be sure, the hundreds or thousands of connections that Quicken/Intuit has to maintain must be a mind numbing task. I do not envy the company for having to juggle all of that and the vagaries of the FI's changing connection landscape. I also feel for the poor folks at Quicken having to field my calls and try to work through this without direct technical connections.

That said, I wrap it up with this: While I am sympathetic to the Quicken support reps who field my calls, the fact remains that they and the developers get paid by Quicken to solve these issues. I in essence, however, am paying Quicken for the dubious privilege of trying to help trouble shoot an issue that is clearly not of my making. Something seems very broken about this system.

I fully acknowledge it is an imperfect world in which we live, and things go bump in the night. What I don't resonate with is the notion that something that is effectively warp and woof for this financial product could go broken for close to 2 months time with little coordination or urgency among the organization to remedy.

Thanks all for playing along at home, and I am indeed guardedly hopeful that the latest connection will produce results that I can happily compliment in this thread in a few days.
  • Jon2
    Jon2 Member ✭✭
    I just spent an hour with Quicken support and am scratching my head. They seem to have no idea of the situation - nothing in their library that documents the problem, and they were obsessed with my data file location and cookie issues. Didn't make any difference that 7 other webconnections worked perfectly, nor me pointing out that the URL was not correct.

I called support after Quicken Kristina suggested that the problem was solved/closed, but clearly it is not. I would not suggest that you call them. The Lowe's web page offers manual downloads, but only on a statement level (not recent transactions.) The do offer individual transaction downloads, but this includes a separate line for each purchased item.

I guess I need to manually enter each purchase. Waiting for the next statement to drop would put the bookkeeping a month behind...
  • cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭
    I feel you Jon2. The communication on this is sad and perplexing. We are trying to offer information to help the common cause.
  • cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭
    My last comment was on May 18. Here we are on June 7. No progress. No communication. Unbelievable this has been dragging on for going on 3 months in the Bermuda triangle of Quicken, Intuit and Synchrony Bank.
  • cpscholes
    cpscholes Member ✭✭

Quicken continues to tell me it's Synchrony bank's problem. Synchrony bank states they have a ticket open with Quicken for Quicken to fix their problem. Conflicting information. We the customers continue to be stuck in the middle.

This discussion has been closed.