EWC-DC Mismatch error continues after fixed

Options
Todd
Todd Member ✭✭

For several months I have received the EWC-DC Mismatch error message for Discover Bank. I have followed the instructions over 50 times and the account updates perfectly. How can I stop the error message coming up every time I do a One Step Update?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Todd,

Thanks for providing more information.

Since the account is closed, I suggest creating a new manual account for this CD, transferring all the transactions to the new account, then deleting the original account that shows it is still connected to Direct Connect. You can view this FAQ regarding information on how to bulk move transactions between accounts within Quicken for Windows. It is advised to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Todd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Screenshot of message attached.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Todd,

Thank you for providing that screenshot.

What type of accounts do you have with Discover (Checking, savings, credit, etc.)? Do you have any hidden or closed Discover account(s) within your Quicken application?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is 1 open savings account and 12 closed CDs. Only the open account pops up during the deactivation/reactivation process.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Todd,

Thank you for providing more information, and I do apologize for the delay in response.

This message indicates that some of your banking accounts may be set up with different connection types, or the connection type may have changed. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information regarding this error message as well as some troubleshooting steps that you may take. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for trying. I have done that over 50 times before your suggestion and it does not help. It did lead me to look at the hidden accounts on the account list. 1 of the closed CDs is different from all the rest. It is closed yet still indicates it is connected by Direct Connect. (See screen shot) Deleting the account is the only way to change that, as far as I know. I prefer not to do that. Is there any way to change the connect method of a closed account when the online access set-up screen just says, "closed account"?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Todd,

Thanks for providing more information.

Since the account is closed, I suggest creating a new manual account for this CD, transferring all the transactions to the new account, then deleting the original account that shows it is still connected to Direct Connect. You can view this FAQ regarding information on how to bulk move transactions between accounts within Quicken for Windows. It is advised to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine,
    That did it. Thank you!
    Todd
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Todd,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve this issue!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.