Is there a way to setup an alert for lease renewal?

Options
Hi Folks, I'm wondering if there is a way to set an alert for lease renewal and if you can set it by days in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @normdelage,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, the feature you seek is not currently offered. However, if you wish to submit an official request for this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can create a reminder for pretty much anything. And reminders allow you to specify how many days in advance to be notified. You could definitely use reminders for your lease renewal.

There is actually an alerts feature in Quicken as well. I don't recall if it covers leases, but it would be worth looking at. You can find it via menu Tools | Alerts.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was thinking the same thing: Set up a Bill Reminder (if you are the lessor) or an Income Reminder (if you are the lessee) for a $0 amount. Enter the Due Date and under Optional Settings select the number of days prior to the due date that you want to be reminded of it. You can even set up the reminder to be recurring at the interval (yearly, every 6 months, etc.) that you want/need.

I follow this process to remind me of when I should start to review my house and auto insurance options. (There is an Alerts option for this but I prefer using Reminders.)

I did check Tools > Alerts to see if there is an option for your specific Lease reminder but did not find that listed there and did not see a way to add it as an Alert.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac possibly the Rental Property edition has more alert choices than Premier.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I setup Reminders for all my bills & incomes - along with various charity events, donations, and other financial activities- then I click on the Calendar to see what's coming up this month

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Possibly. I think that it would be good if there were a way to add different Alerts. Still, I like the use of Reminders better because they allow the addition of other information (such as, a Category, Tag and Memo, Account) which can be very useful in more accurately pinpointing what the Reminder is for.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.