Any update on One Step Update with Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102?

I still can't do a one step update with citi cards. This has been going on for over 6 months.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It does appear odd that the Alert that was posted about this issue has not been updated in about 2-1/2 months (ONGOING 1/30/23 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102).

I have not seen a lot of user posts regarding this issue lately but there was one posted a few weeks ago with a possible solution: Citi Costco Cards CC-502 - solution found (maybe).

You might want to try it. If you do:

• Make sure to use the Citi Cards setup link and not the Citibank setup link.
    • Do not click on Next. Instead, click on Advanced Options, then select Direct Connect, then click on Next and follow the prompts.

Let me know what happens.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    I tried this but it didn't work. I tried adding Quicken through the Manage DeskTop Apps but couldn't get Quicken to talk with citi cards. Got any ideas how to do this, e.g. add Quicken to Apps with Account Access?
  • Hello @woodinlb,

Thank you for your reply. Could you give a bit more information where you're running into issues? Were you having trouble authorizing on Citi's end? Was it still throwing errors after you authorized on their end? This FAQ may be a few years old, but the steps are still correct. It may help, depending on where you're running into issues.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The FAQ is still accurate.

You say you are getting a CC-502 error code. CC-XXX error codes are usually indicate for errors with Express Web Connect connections. We want you to get a Direct Connect connetion established.

In your Account Register…upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab: Does it show a Financial Institution of Citi Cards or Citibank?

1. If it shows Citibank, click on Deactivate. Keep the tab open.
    2. Then go to your Citi.com account and do the Manage Desktop Apps > Add Access > Continue process, again.
    3. Then come back to Quicken and click on Set Up Now making sure to select Citi Cards >Advanced Options > Direct Connect > Next and follow the prompts.
    1. If it shows Citi Cards and it shows the connection method is Express Web Connect, keep the tab open and go to your Citi.com account and do the Manage Desktop Apps > Add Access > Continue process, again.
    2. Then come back to Quicken and click on the link saying that there is an improved connection method and follow the prompts. This should upgrade the connection method to Direct Connect.

I've never had a problem with setting up my Citi.com online account for Quicken access via Direct Connect. It is very important to follow the process step-by-step. If you deviate from it in most likely the connection setup will fail.

If you are following the process step-by-step without deviation then perhaps this might be an issue I have not heard of for a while where the Intuit/Quicken server has an issue and Quicken Support needs to be contacted to address it. See the Support Article about this: Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502 [Support Article] .

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.