Royal Alliance eQuipt download not working, error OL-332

Options

Help! I see 2021 discussions about this, but no resolution and now it's happening again. My Royal eQuipt connection was working for the past year. On April 4th, it stopped. Getting OL-332 message which say password is wrong. After MANY hours on the phone with Quicken and Royal tech support, I can verify that all my passwords and accounts are right.

THE PROBLEM is at the Quicken side. I even tested another software app (Empower). Connected to Royal, downloads smooth as silk.

Will someone at Quicken acknowledge this problem and please fix it? I have been a loyal customer for 20 years and am now thinking of alternatives. PLEASE FIX It!

Any ideas, anyone??

Thanks, Deborah B

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @LibraryLady,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue.

An OL-332 error message occurs when an incorrect customer ID or password is entered in Quicken.

Important: Many financial institutions lock your account if an incorrect customer ID or password is entered multiple times. You'll want to read this entire article prior to troubleshooting to reduce the risk of being locked out of your account. If you are locked out, you'll need to contact your financial institution. They can reset your credentials, Quicken Support cannot.

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding.

As per the FAQ: If the issue persists- Try going to your bank's website and signing in. You may be prompted to unlock your account or complete Multi-Factor Authorization. After signing in at the bank's website, try updating your accounts again in Quicken. If you are still receiving the error, and you believe that the Customer ID and password are correct, please contact the financial institution for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• billrose123
    billrose123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had the same issue for months too. The FAQ items do nothing. So frustrating. I agree with Library Lady. I will check out Empower and ready to leave.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Has Quicken Support reviewed your download log file(s) yet? Sometimes a more detailed error messages is hidden in the log.

Quicken Support:
    - To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
    - Support is only available during posted hours of operation
    - The phone number can be found at the support website.
    - To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    See

- If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
    - Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    - Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• LibraryLady
    LibraryLady Member
    Options

It's so frustrating. Just got off another chat where Quicken denies any responsibility. It's cruel to have me rely on this method of accounting and gathering my data — and now just drop it! No one at Quicken seems to care

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @LibraryLady,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting assistance with this issue. The specific error code you mentioned, OL-332, is a Direct Connect error. With Direct Connect connections, a lot of the issues originate on the Financial Institution's servers. We have no access to those servers, which limits our ability to help beyond the basic troubleshooting in the FAQ.

Do you use a VPN, firewall, or antivirus? Have you tried pausing those while trying to add/update your account(s) with that financial institution? That can help if one of those tools is interfering with communication.

Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

We recommend that you keep your Quicken file directly on your C drive and not synced to any cloud service.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.