Mother's Day Memories...

Options
Quicken Anja
Quicken Anja Moderator mod
edited June 2023 in The Water Cooler

May has arrived and with it we bring your monthly Icebreaker!

In honor of Mother's Day coming up this Sunday, we'd like to honor all the wonderful mothers in the world and ask you; do you have a favorite memory with your mom (or perhaps, if applicable, as a mom even)?

Unfortunately, I don't have any memories of my bio mom as she passed when I was just 2 years old, though I do light a candle for her every year for Mother's Day. However, my stepmom (who I just call mom) has fulfilled that role wonderfully throughout my childhood. My favorite memory with her is our annual childhood travels to Lourdes, France in the summer. It was our mother-daughter bonding trip. We would site-see and explore the town, but one thing that was tradition upon arrival and before departure was to visit our favorite family-owned ice cream parlor. She would always get pistachio flavor and me, mocha flavor.

As a mom, the memories are still being made and there are already so many to choose from, but I certainly look forward to this coming Mother's Day as I do every year. My kiddos and husband never fail to fill my heart with so much love. 💗

We'd love for you to share your own, so please do!

Best wishes to all the moms out there and a wonderful Mother's Day coming up from all of us here at Quicken! 💐

-Quicken Anja
Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello!

This Mother's Day will be my second time celebrating after becoming a mother myself. I had a wonderful Mother's day last year, absolutely spoiled by my boyfriend and I got the cutest pictures with my little girl. It's hard to choose one memory to pick as my favorite because every day I have a new favorite thing that Ophelia does or that we do together as a family.

My mom is a wonderful woman and was always there for me from birth to now, she is also an amazing Grandma. I am beyond grateful for all the mothers in my and my daughter's life.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello,

I was blessed with wonderful parents, so its hard to pick a favorite memory of Mom, being as there are so many good memories. Typically, we would start Mother's Day celebrations by making her favorite breakfast. We'd watch some of her favorite movies or tv shows with her til lunch time, then go out to lunch. After lunch, we'd go shopping together. Dad would reserve a table at one of Mom's favorite restaurants for dinner (often weeks in advance, just to be on the safe side) and we would enjoy dinner together.

Best wishes to all the mothers out there and hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am somewhat late to this thread (not unusual for me as I was also somewhat late to arrive to my Mom as well).

My memories of my mom and her Mother's Days are vibrant. As a mother of six she was always inundated with hand-made crayon-based cards as well as flowers recently picked "bouquets" from the yard. She, as I expect many will likely say, was a great part of who I am today. On Mother's Day, we would treat her to a relaxing day and a children's breakfast (not sparing the Cheerios), and our Dad would "help" us provide her with a homemade "dinner" that was fit for a Queen.

I hope all our mothers had a fantastic Mother's Day

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.