New Q Mac 7.0.3 update broke bill categories!

Options
Brian83
Brian83 Member ✭✭

Ever since the latest update to 7.0.3, when marking bills as paid in Bills & Income, it will enter the transaction into my register but totally kicks out the category and marks every one as "uncategorized", so I have to edit the transaction in the register and set the category back. For example, "Home - Renter's Insurance" or "Bills & Utilities - Electricity" etc etc. This also happens to my income reminders where I have splits set up for my deductions. It kicks all of those out and marks my deposit in the register as "uncategorized" so I have to go through and re-add all of the splits for my deductions. Not sure why this is broken now but PLEASE FIX!! This adds a lot more time I need to spend to make sure everything is entered correctly!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brian83,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file that was saved prior to when this issue started to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QuickT
    QuickT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Release 7.03 has some form of bug in Income reminders. If you select the Income payroll item and use …. Edit and Mark as Deposited, the split edits do not transfer to the transaction in the register, the transaction becomes an uncategorized transaction. Please could you check this introduced apparent bug and suggest ways to resolve?

[Merged Post]

• Brian83
    Brian83 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The same issue occurs after restoring from a backup. It's something that's wrong with this specfic update.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

I doubt this was introduces specifically in 7.0.3, but I can confirm that I see the same errant behavior.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

@QuickT @RickO What exactly are you doing in processing this deposit, because I haven't seen this behavior. In my checking register, I just clicked on a scheduled paycheck deposit and marked it Deposited; it changed to an active transaction with all the splits intact. Then I went to the Bills & Income screen, clicked on the Income tab, selected the next paycheck deposit, clicked the ••• icon and selected Mark as Deposited. Again, the transaction posted in the checking account register with all splits intact.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Brian83 Is your issue the same one reported by another user in this other thread?

If so, perhaps we can get a moderator can break these related comments into their own thread and report it to the Mac development team.

• RickO
    edited May 2023
    Options

@jacobs This happens only when selecting "Edit and Mark as Paid/Deposited" on the Bills or Income sub-tab of the Bills & Income tab as chosen from the "three dots in a circle" icon on a bill/income line. I'm not seeing it in any other method of marking paid/deposited.

Since I don't ever use the Bills & Income tab myself, I tested this on a backup and I do see the errant behavior for both Bills and Income transactions. I've reported it to the mods. There was already one other report from a user for the Income side.

Since editing and marking is not a frequently used function, I imagine that's why we haven't seen this more often being reported.

[Merged Post]

• QuickT
    QuickT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

@RickO @jacobs I have kept everything up to date and this feature that I use every week broke when I updated to 7.03

If you do not edit the Payroll income reminder, then no issues. If you open it and say Mark as deposited, no issues. It is only when one edits the splits and then save(i.e. … Edit and Mark as Deposited) the splits disappear to a uncategorized transaction. For payroll items there is always some small difference in tax deductions - or possibly income earned, so the need to edit the split occurs. I do this 4 times a month so that is why I immediately noticed the errant behavior.

Perhaps I missed an update, but pretty sure this bug was delivered in the last patch. For now, I will simply Deposit the item 'as is" THEN edit it in the Transaction register to adjust tax amounts etc. until a fix is released.

[Merged Post]

• jacobs
    edited May 2023
    Options

@QuickT @RickO Thanks for clarifying the very specific action needed to trigger this bug. Until the bug is fixed, the workaround of first marking the transaction as Deposited and then editing the transaction splits makes sense, and fortunately isn't too painful.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6795)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO
    Options

This issue is resolved in the just released version 7.0.4 update. That was quick!

This discussion has been closed.