Cannot connect to Capital One
I continue to get the error "Still connecting to Capital One" or "We are working on linking Capital One Bank" and have not been able to connect for several months.
Hello @Rich Burke,
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List
- Close, then re-open Quicken
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account
- Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.
I hope this helps!-Quicken Anja0
The account is not showing up in Account List, but does show up in Bills & Income as "Needs Attention". When I click Fix It, I get the message "We're working on linking Capital One Bank. We'll let you know if we need anything else"0
Thank you for clarifying that this is regarding Capital One Online Biller and not transaction downloads.
In that case, please be advised that, unfortunately, Capital One is currently unavailable to be added as an Online Biller. For information regarding this, please refer to this Community Alert.
We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.-Quicken Anja0
last update was almost 2 years ago, I guess its not a priority. Thanks0
I'm on Quicken Mac, but found this thread about Capital One. I just tried downloading transactions. Quicken said I need to reauthorize. I do that, but then get an error telling me that the implementation for Capital One is not complete. This used to work for me not that long ago. When is someone going to finish the implementation and write whatever script needs to be written. I imagine it's probably a common back end service that affects Quicken Windows users, too.
Please try again later.
Care Code: FDP-189
Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI0
These issues do not get prioritized, but you got a paperclip icon in the last release0