Cannot connect to Capital One

I continue to get the error "Still connecting to Capital One" or "We are working on linking Capital One Bank" and have not been able to connect for several months.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Rich Burke,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Anja

The account is not showing up in Account List, but does show up in Bills & Income as "Needs Attention". When I click Fix It, I get the message "We're working on linking Capital One Bank. We'll let you know if we need anything else"

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thank you for clarifying that this is regarding Capital One Online Biller and not transaction downloads.

In that case, please be advised that, unfortunately, Capital One is currently unavailable to be added as an Online Biller. For information regarding this, please refer to this Community Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭

last update was almost 2 years ago, I guess its not a priority. Thanks

• Mike Q
    Mike Q Member ✭✭
    I'm on Quicken Mac, but found this thread about Capital One. I just tried downloading transactions. Quicken said I need to reauthorize. I do that, but then get an error telling me that the implementation for Capital One is not complete. This used to work for me not that long ago. When is someone going to finish the implementation and write whatever script needs to be written. I imagine it's probably a common back end service that affects Quicken Windows users, too.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-189

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
    Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭

These issues do not get prioritized, but you got a paperclip icon in the last release

• TSRucker
    TSRucker Member

No resolution yet? I may have to move off QB if this continues. I am having so many issues with QB updating all accounts lately… including cap one.

• petepotgeter
    petepotgeter Member

I'm having the same issue and have been having it for quite some time. Would really like a fix!

• badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭

According to Quicken Anja "In that case, please be advised that, unfortunately, Capital One is currently unavailable to be added as an Online Biller. For information regarding this, please refer to this Community Alert.". That Community Alert and referenced announcements indicate that this issue has been known and acknowledged by Quicken since 2019.

Why then does Capital One Card appear on the list of online billers that can be linked to Quicken? All billers that cannot be linked to should be removed from list of online billers that can be linked to Quicken.

• Chris Harr
    Chris Harr Member ✭✭

I am having no problem syncing with multiple Capital One accounts with two different login credentials for myself and my wife. I'm syncing checking, savings and credit card accounts with "Capital One 360" and my wife's credit cards are syncing using "Capital One Card - Current".

I did have a sync problem with my credentials a week or so ago. I deactivated all of my accounts and reconnected them using "Capital One 360" and have had no problems since.

I hope this helps and that one of those connections works for you.

for you.

• krjoseph
    krjoseph Member ✭✭

I got the same "Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI" error. Per the last post, I disconnected and reconnected using Capital One Card - Current, which worked great.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭

The issue I am having is not a credit card account, it is an auto loan

• gbirch22
    gbirch22 Member

Same problem here with Capital One. Been seeing the same message and response for 2 years. Not a priority I guess. Now having issues with Verizon Wireless and Frontier Communications as well.

This discussion has been closed.