CC-929 Error Code

Rick20
Rick20 Member ✭✭✭

I am unable to add Discover and Lowe's Consumer Credit Card to Quicken, due to a CC-929 error that states, "Oops we are having a problem". I have tried everything I know to resolve the issue on the user end - including following the prescribed instructions from Quicken. As I peruse the Quicken conversation board, I see where other CC-929 error issues had been closed. What was the resolution to warrant closing those events/ issues?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you follow the suggestion from Quicken Francisco that's in this thread?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭

yes, I did that and everything else under the Sun…still nothing. All I get are CC-929 error messages with "Oops we have a problem". Yes, the problem is Quicken.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Rick20,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the instructions previously provided failed to resolve the error for you, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Nothing in Quicken works. Horrible. It blew out my Discover Card, Lowe's Consumer Credit Card and Home Depot Consumer Credit Card accounts. When I try to set up the accounts, I keep getting a CC-503 error. Also, another flaw in Qiocken is when you attempt to set up an account, if Quicken does not ask for the vault password, the transaction automatically fails. Furthermore, Quicken will not allow you to send a screen shot to Quicken under, "Report a Problem". That has been an issue since the beginning of time. [Removed - Speculation] I did report these issues only to have a Quicken rep tell me that Quicken is working on it with no expected resolution date. [Removed - Rant]

• Frank Bogdan
    Frank Bogdan Member ✭✭
    I thought I was the only one, since the last update seems like the entire program blew up. I get more cc-929 errors, cc-503 etc etc than ever before. I even uninstalled the program, installed the program on my laptop, started entering everything like a new user . after setting up 5 accounts here comes the errors again. What a disaster !
  • Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

If it's not CC-929 then it is CC-503 error…constantly! Quicken people, you have defeated the purpose of my having this antiquated application. I intended to use it to view most of my accounts on one screen. Now, I am left with having to log into all the accounts to check activity and balances. [Removed - Speculation] Sometimes, when an account does appear to update successfully, I will log into the account to confirm activity and balance only to discover that Quicken did not update the account activity and corresponding new balance. [Removed - Disruptive]

• satishc
    satishc Member ✭✭

I have been going around in circles trying to get my Best Buy, Discover, Barclays etc. to work. Basically, all of my Quicken Connect connections are giving CC-929 errors. Only Direct Connect accounts or EWC+ accounts connect online. I have banged my head with quicken support with level 1 newbies and everyone asks me to send error reports and there has been absolutely NO FOLLOW UP. Unfortunately I paid for quicken until 2024 and so I am stuck with this piece of junk

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

For anyone responding to my comments about this [Removed - Profanity] (AKA Quicken), when I say I tried everything under the sun to get Quicken to work, it means just that - including contacting the [Removed - Disruptive] Quicken Support Team. [Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

Recently, I spoke with a Discover Card Tech Rep about another issue and mentioned how Quicken will not allow me to set up my Discover Card account and download transactions. [Removed - Speculation]

For months I have told Quicken Support that when I attempt to log into an (outside) account within Quicken and Quicken does not ask for the Password Vault Password, Quicken will not allow me to send a screen shot of the error encountered via the "Report a Problem to Quicken" function. Quicken Support has not done anything about this issue. Furthermore, why do I need to sign in as a different user? That does not work either. Nothing works!

Since I have to log into all my accounts individually, because Quicken does not work, there is no need to renew my subscription.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta

Okay, for anyone who's having the same (cc-503/cc-929) unable to add 9 different banks but can log in successfully through a browser, I confirmed it wasnt my computer because I went to a new laptop, downloaded/installed quicken, created new quicken file, and still couldn't access any of my banks.

I signed out of my quicken id and went to my browser and created a new Quicken account using an alternate email address. I contacted quicken support and they moved over my expiration date (it took like 5 minutes, guess its not just cut and paste on their side). Quicken came up, entered new quicken credentials and started adding my banks, and everything is working now. Ticket 10326064

wags Glad to be here!

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭

Studpup, this tells me you had a corrupted file. I called Support and tried to explain what you had done and they treated me as though I was hallucinating. Freddie in Honduras thinks I have a corrupted file. He will call me tomorrow morning and will hopefully resolve this months long issue. When I run the Validate/repair function in Quicken I receive no errors. Who knows!

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta

Maybe try doing a File / New Quicken File, call it test.qdf, and try and add your banks. That'll tell you if there's a problem with your file.

wags Glad to be here!

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Not a bad idea. [Removed - Off Topic] When I said I tried everything - I did just that.

Have you noticed that when you try to set up an account in Quicken and it does not ask for your password vault password, the connection will fail every time and Quicken will not allow you to send a screen shot of the failure to Quicken via the "Report A Problem" feature in Quicken? I reported this to Quicken many times [Removed - Speculation].

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭

Hey, Studpup…tried that and it still failed. Got the usual CC-929 Error. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭

Quicken support never called me back today as promised. I called support and spoke with a lady who could not help me. She had me do everything I had already tried. This archaic software is not worth all the time and effort I have spent in trying to get it to work. DONE WITH QUICKEN. Good-bye CC-503 and CC-929.

This discussion has been closed.