PNC Migration - Error "Something is wrong with UI".

gmaislin
gmaislin Member

I was just migrated to the new PNC bank download system and now I am unable to download transactions. I get the error, "Something is wrong with UI."

Greg Maislin

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @gmaislin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• isabel99
    isabel99 Member

Multiple users are having this issue. I spoke with a PNC support team last night, and they coud not resolve it.

• Aeleus
    Aeleus Member ✭✭
    I am seeing the same thing. When I do a One Step Update, I am prompted to reauthorize my PNC accounts. Clicking on "Reauthorize" in Quicken opens a web page that ends with "Something is wrong with UI" (https://login.pnc.com/obp-login/error).

More completely:

Sorry. An error has occurred

Something is wrong with UI.

For Assistance Call, please call us 1-800-762-2035

Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET

Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @isabel99 and @Aeleus,

Thank you for joining the discussion. From what you are describing, it sounds like the reauthorize link is sending you to an error page directly, with no option to log in. Is that correct? Do you encounter the same issue if you go to Tools>Add Account, search PNC - Web Connect, and use the Sign in link there?

Are you willing to provide screenshots of the issue? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. The link @Aeleus provided shows an error message on PNC's site, but it doesn't seem to match the verbiage they described seeing. The screenshot below is what I see when clicking that link.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JBWJBWJBW
    JBWJBWJBW Member

I am getting the same error— very frustrating!!

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @JBWJBWJBW,

Thank you for joining the discussion. Are you able to provide screen shots of the error message you are getting, please (making sure any personal information is blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Did you try going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts? If so, did that give you the same error?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

Quicken Kristina

• dwalz
    dwalz Member

I too am having the same problem.

• isabel99
    isabel99 Member

I was able to resolve this by temporarily changing my default browser from Chrome to Firefox. After successfully signing in to PNC, I changed it back.

• JCOH
    JCOH Member

I had the same exact issue. Changing the default browsers gave the same errors. I ended up turning off my anti-virus (F-Secure) by choosing snooze for 5 minutes. I also turned off the Chrome extension for F-Secure safe browsing. After doing these procedures, the connection worked fine. There was a change that causes the error, but it may be a recent Anti-Virus signature update that blocks the access.

• I had the same problem and was able to resolve the issue and migrate over to Direct Connect by going to Tools>Add Account and adding PNC Direct Connect. Then I just linked to my existing accounts, replacing my old Quicken Connect connections.

• flaps
    flaps Member

I had this same issue. I tried Chrome, Firefox, disabling all extensions…nothing worked. Until I checked the browser console and saw that a request was being blocked for a script that seemed to be used for analytics. I have a Pi Hole setup on my network to block ads/user tracking/etc. I disabled it and retried, everything worked as before.

• kauphee
    kauphee Member ✭✭

PNC is wearing me out. They routinely have issues like this and never seem to provide an adequate fix. Maybe they don't really care about its Quicken user base? Chase Bank doesn't ever seem to have issues. nor do other banks I work with. Maybe they need to start at the top of their IT team and start firing people until it gets fixed. In the meantime, I am considering moving ALL my accoutns and monies to another bank!

This discussion has been closed.