Quicken stopped saving transactions

Options
Rick Pula
Rick Pula Member ✭✭

Was entering transactions fine when all of a sudden quicken stopped saving transactions. Any transactions I try to do will not save. If I try to enter a reminder transaction, it also does not save. I have rebooted quicken and my computer several time without success. Any ideas on what to check?? It was entering fine this morning and then suddenly stopped. Help?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Rick Pula,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this affecting all of your accounts, or just some?

Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• southernsand
    southernsand Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is happening to me as well. Very irritating! Wasting my time.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    When you try to save a transaction, are there any error messages?
    What does the register screen look like at that time?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.