Discover Card Bank sign in fails

Options

Answers

• mkyseth
    mkyseth Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree with @docox. This has been going on too long. All we get is the same stock answer. Please inform us whats really going. on. I have been a loyal user for over 20 years. Please get this fixed or I'm going to have to explore different options for financial software. At least some sort of an ETA on a fix would be nice.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Quicken Jasmine and Quicken Anja, lords of quicken forum. Oh we beseetch thee, what is the status update for this global companies resolution within the great business intelligence framework to simply connect to discover card bank? Is 33 days not enough? Shall we sacrifice a goat? Seems like that might help.

• Mark Pedroia
    Mark Pedroia Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I try to connect every few days to see if it works. It fails when you try to setup from the Discover acct (edit, set up online). However, yesterday I tried it via the splash page with icons for common financial institutions. Clicked the Discover icon, QRPM presented a different sign-in page, enter my credentials and it started "looking" for the acct. It hung for a long time, I actually forgot about it and surfed the web. Later (say 10 minutes), I looked back and noted the red flag on the account bar. Yes, it had connected, matched all the transactions (near a months worth) and I just accepted and reconciled. I have not tried a OSU to see if it will auto-download and I need to peek to see if it's setup as an EWC+

• Kiryl
    Kiryl Member ✭✭
    Options

@Mark Pedroia The Discover icon leads to discovercard.com and not to discoverbank.com. If you only have a card account with Discover that would work, but if you have a bank account (checking, savings, CD etc.) that won't work

• georgerose
    georgerose Member ✭✭
    Options

"escalated internally and our teams are working to resolve it, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time" This is all we are getting, if even that much

• kbonn128
    kbonn128 Member
    Options

I have a Discover Credit Card and a Discover Bank account. The Discover credit card is still working and downloading transactions. The Discover Bank is not, same error. Windows 11 PC.

• Fletch200
    Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Mark Pedroia - I'd not tried in a while but tonight was catching up on this thread for any status. Tried your method and it worked.

Not sure how you arrived at the "splash page with icons" screen - I got there via edit, set up online, then clicked Back.

<edit> - Ah - BANK, I forgot. Yeah, bank still doesn't work, but I've only got $0.12 there and don't care. I should close that account.

• PJH57
    PJH57 Member
    Options

This is getting ridiculous. My problem with downloading from Discover started when you had me Reauthorize my USAA download. That was a mess at first, but I finally got it working right. Since then, Discover does not work. I've tried multiple times to reconnect to it but I keep getting errors (mostly 501 errors). When are you going to fix this? Seems like Quicken should be better than this especially as I see that this is on-going.

• PJH57
    PJH57 Member
    Options

Just had success. Using the Setup Online from within my Discover account never worked. So I tried the Add Account link under TOOLS and then Linked to Existing (my current Discover account) and it worked! There were a couple of times when the process temporarily was Not Responding, but I waited and it finally went through. My recent transactions for the past 18 days were there. The balance was off for some reason, but I reconciled the account and used the Quicken suggested Adjustment and checked the result against my current on line balance with Discover. It matched! Now I keep my fingers crossed that it continues to work.

• KS-mom
    KS-mom Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried this (Tools/Add Account) and was successful once (a few weeks ago).

Last week my Discover Savings account went "offline" again. Cannot add it using the above (Tools/Add Account) not using the edit within the Discover Bank account I already have set up.

Ditto with a Discover credit card - but I did manage to get it back online.

Appears the issues with Discover Bank and Discover credit card is NOT resolved.

I've had to "add" these accounts multiple times over the past couple of months. Everything will be going fine then all of a sudden (after an update) the issues come back.

Guess I should just quit "updating" my program?

• Ali Salameh
    Ali Salameh Member
    Options

I am having an issue downloading from my Discover bank account, Discover credit card accounts are working ok. But, my Discover savings account will not work I tried to edit and rest the account, and it still would not work. When I called Discover Bank I was told it is a Quicken issue. Please advise

• lcarani
    lcarani Member ✭✭
    Options

This is an issue that is not being resolved. Please help. I have called and tried many things. I cannot sign in Discover Bank to get online updates. HELP. Can this issue be corrected? It has been going on for months.

• RB NYC
    RB NYC Member
    Options

Another voice - I am also having trouble getting the discover connection to work.

• LM02
    LM02 Member ✭✭
    Options

this has been going on for over 3 weeks. we are paying for this service. please fix!

• Ron Strong
    Ron Strong Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Beta build 27.2.60.3. Same problem with Discover Card. Tried to reset account. Now EWC is deactivated and cannot be reactivated. Discover Card has discontinued Web Connect so transactions cannot be downloaded in the interim. Production releases are downloading OK

Premier Subscription
    There are no bugs, just unintended features,

• drljsartor
    drljsartor Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken for Windows R50.15 Build 27.1.50.15

I'm having the same or similar issue but I stumbled upon something that got Discover credit card download working.

After a one-step update, I noticed that a Discover credit card account did not download transactions although the Discover web site showed many transactions should have been downloaded. Tried to "Reset Account" as that has resolved issues in the past, but it failed with the side effect of deactivating the online account information. Now when trying to set up online account access, Quicken does not ask for a financial institution; it goes to Discover Bank and asks me to sign in. I then get the "sign in failed due to time out or a connection error" message.

I then wanted to delete the financial institution and start from scratch, but Account Details do not allow me to edit financial institution.

Next, I selected setup online again but this time when asked to sign in to Discover, I clicked "Back". That brought up the dialog to select a financial institution. I typed Discover then selected Discover Card instead of Discover Bank. It then downloaded transactions.

I also have checking and savings accounts for me and the kids and as far as I can tell, they are still download properly. But they don't get near the activity that the credit card does.

This may not help everyone but hopefully it helps someone. I've sat here for hours trying to get it working. What are they doing to break the functionality when it had been working? Very frustrating.

Lloyd

• drljsartor
    drljsartor Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same or similar issue but I stumbled upon something that got Discover credit card download working.

Quicken Deluxe for Windows. R50.15 Build 27.1.50.15

After a one-step update, I noticed that a Discover credit card account did not download transactions although the Discover web site showed many transactions should have been downloaded. Tried to "Reset Account" as that has resolved issues in the past, but it failed with the side effect of deactivating the online account information. Now when trying to set up online account access, Quicken does not ask for a financial institution; it goes to Discover Bank and asks me to sign in. I then get the "sign in failed due to time out or a connection error" message.

I then wanted to delete the financial institution and start from scratch, but Account Details do not allow me to edit financial institution.

I selected setup online again but this time I clicked "Back" which allowed me to select the institution. I selected Discover Card instead of Discover Bank and transactions downloaded.

This may not help everyone but hopefully it helps someone.

Very frustrating to spend hours on this issue. What are they doing to break something that had been working?

• Yoman
    Yoman Member ✭✭
    Options

Your solution worked like a charm! Thank you very much.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options

I've canceled my renewal subscription due to this unresolved issue. Now over +1 month of zero resolution or timeline.

• Barry Jablonski
    Barry Jablonski Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem is with Discover Bank (see title). There have been at least two Quicken Updates since the problem began. The latest Quicken Premier update (R50.15, Build: 27.1.50.15) still does not fix the issue. You are still unable to add a Discover Bank account to Quicken. You get the "Sign into Discover Bank failed. Try again…"

Pretty sad.

• PJH57
    PJH57 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/No Soliciting]

• shawnsonline
    shawnsonline Member ✭✭
    Options

In this thread on June 22nd I mentioned that I did the patch workaround and afterward I was able to update to the latest and it still worked. The latest version Quicken just put out broke the my discover bank again. I now just rolled back with a patch to R49.29 again. When OSU finished the Discover bank error came up, I clicked fix it, clicked trough the questions until I got to the one to reset the accounts and that got it working. To me this means that everything on the back end between Quicken and Discover is working and its the front end user software that is the problem. I am sure they will eventually get to it.

For me I will stay with R49.29 and I will just monitor the updates until they fix the discover problems. I don't need to do the updates right now anyway because I don't have any issues that the latest minor releases are fixing.

If you want to know how to prevent updates from automatically happening the only good option I know of is to go to setting and type UAC in search. In User Account Control set it to the second from the top which should be the recommended level. Anytime you go into Quicken you should see something that looks like the box below when there is an update. If you click no it will not update. If you click yes then Quicken will update.

As for the question about better alternatives, If you use a lot of the features Quicken has to offer than my opinion is no. If you do find a better alternative you are likely going to pay a lot more. I've tried a lot of different software over the years and came back to Quicken just because I found that there was always something in the other software that made it no better. I get that Quicken has issues and I wish they were more transparent on the support side but for me the pros far outweigh the cons.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

• marrii48
    marrii48 Member
    Options

Today I received this message from Discover Bank: Dear Discover customer. I understand your
    concern regarding being able to import your transactions using the
    Quicken or QuickBooks software.

Unfortunately, Quicken and QuickBooks software is no longer supported. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

You are able to access your transactions anytime through your online account center by clicking on your Activity under your account details. You are also able to download the transaction history in an Excel or CSV file.

• Kevin5
    Kevin5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Unable to update, and a known issue since May. No acknowledgments or progress updates since early June. It has been well over a month waiting patiently for a solution. Crickets. I have been a Quicken user for over 20 years. I can't recall anything like this. Again, if Discover Bank is no longer supported, either by their choice or Quicken's choice, it doesn't matter, just say so. That way, consumers won't be duped into renewing their subscription with false expectations.

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've installed the QW27.1.49.29MPatch and suddenly my Discover checking account download was fixed. Clearly, the updates since QW27.1.49.29M have caused the problem of not being able to connect to Discover Bank.

I'm now looking into alternative software to QW since the customer service and technical support seem clueless and unresponsive.

I don't understand why the recent updates that broke the Discover connection were needed. Seem like they mostly added more fuzz to QW, but broke what we really want in financial software, a seamless way to monitor and manage our online accouts. The fact that this problem has persisted for so long tells me a lot about the company's concern for its longtime customers.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options

The updates as some are reporting don't work to revert back.

This discussion has been closed.