Unable to add Discover Bank accounts -- Savings, MM, Credit Card

Options

Message is always "Sign into Discover Bank Failed. Try Again. Failed due to time out or a connection error." Have set my default browser to Firefox, Opera, and Chrome, — and all fail. Have received 3rd party sign forms for several other accounts at other banks without problem, but not this one. Problem has been going on for over a week and possibly longer.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• himmelkoenig
    himmelkoenig Member
    Options

Other users have had this same problem — as listed in the forum. The only question is — when will it be fixed. This was acknowledged by Quicken response member, but no resolution offered.

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

There's no resolution, since there's a problem (server or software) that needs to be fixed and is no work-around.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jfazny
    jfazny Member
    Options

I am long time user with same problem described. I contacted Quicken on May 30 and they logged issue as known and being worked on. Today June 22 and still no resolution. In last few months I went from only having Discover CREDIT card account to adding on a few Discover BANKING accounts. All were added with no issues. Due to personal reasons w/ no significance to this issue, I had to close and open new Discover BANK accounts. When I went to add to Quicken I encountered this issue. While troubleshooting on my own, I reset one of the previously existing Discover Bank accounts that was not being replaced, which Quicken downloaded transactions properly for, and after the reset encountered the problem. I also encountered an issue with Quicken and Discover CREDIT card account resulting in re-adding it. That worked fine.

My summary at this point:
    - The problem is between Quicken and Discover Bank adding any new accounts. This includes resetting or deactivate/reactive.
    - Should not affect existing Discover Bank accounts.
    - Should not affect new or existing Discover Credit card accounts.

This is taking a VERY long time for Quicken to fix including at least 2 or 3 software updates so far that have not resulted in any resolution as far as today.

Jordan - Quicken user since 2009

• LM02
    LM02 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also logging this problem. account that exists works fine, but cannot add new accounts as login to Discover Bank fails.

for a software that we are forced to pay an annual subscription, it is getting to a point they need to start offering credit for non-functionality when they introduce a bug that cripples functionality and is not corrected within a few days

Quicken user since 1996…

• KS-mom
    KS-mom Member ✭✭
    Options

Ditto with all the above.

Longtime user of Quicken (1994?) and my Discover bank and credit card have been on my account since day 1 of Quicken use.

Wish I could remember which update I need to reset my Q account (rolled back my Q program and got my Discover accounts straightened out) - then another Q update and I selected "update" instead of "ignore" Now all problems have returned.

Spending WAY too many hours trying to reconcile my accounts. (Also have a Commenity Bank credit card that I get the message after update "need to Fix". I go through the steps and "confirm" that I've fixed the issue. Unfortunately, the next time I run the One Step Update the message returns - as well as messages that all 3 of my 5 Discover accounts have an issue.

• PaulDz
    PaulDz Member
    Options

Looks like this issue is now over a month old. Any resolution coming anytime soon?

This discussion has been closed.