R50.xx - tax planner display issues (edit)

Options

Answers

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, still broken for me in R51.10.

• chris.kaczmarek
    Options

I agree, still broken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jl747,

The CTP is still open and our teams are still working towards a resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Since the last two Versions of Windows Quicken, I have had this problem.

On the Home Tab and Taxes View, most of the entries in the Projected Tax Window do not keep their settings when exiting Quicken. When I close and reenter Quicken, nearly all entries in the Projected Tax Window are initialized to zero. Has anybody experienced this behavior? I am now on Version R51.10.

[Merged Post]

Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jerry_,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I merged your post with the main discussion on this issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

R51.12 did not fix this issue.

• msills255347
    msills255347 Member ✭✭
    Options

The "planning" tab does NOT properly populate the taxes until the tax planner is opened and then closed.

Other issues: I have not had enough experience yet to know whether 51.12 continues to sporadically shut down inexplicably during a one step update. I have not had enough experience yet to know whether 51.12 continues to sporadically work extremely slowly, as in having to wait more than second for each and every keystroke to register.

It would be very refreshing to find that at last issues are finally "fixed" in the latest update, but for sure the tax planner issue is NOT!

• msills255347
    msills255347 Member ✭✭
    Options

Another annoyance that remains present in 51.12 is being asked to enter my quicken ID and password upon random openings of the program. I don't know if this is a "bug" or Quicken did this intentionally, but it I find it to be inconvenient and annoying and want it gone!

• bajohnson_47
    bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
    Options

The "planning" tab still does not populate unless you open tax planner and exit tax planner. This is still true for the just released R51.12

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@bajohnson_47 Agreed. It was working in R49.33 and broken in R51.12. I submitted a problem report. I hope this extra step nuisance is resolved quickly. Thankfully, there is a workaround. Reverting to R49.33 anyway, as I frequently use the tax planner.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes, I have those zeros

I also have had issue with tax planner to randomly change numbers too.
    it doesn't retain my selection to use Scheduled, even I see it's selected Scheduled the value in above isn't from the scheduled, but some random values that isn't matching any values from available options.
    bottom line is I can't trust Tax Planner
    I had to re select Scheduled all the time to make it match to top item value to get better calculation
    no matter what I tried I can't get it work 100%
    every new selection some how resets prev page to another random number
    Yes, I showed it to Quicken Support, sure I uploaded all my data and logs, sure Support promised to take a look. But, nothing I got back from Support
    Yes, I run my data validation many times

yes, workaround to use User Entered, but his works only once, the next time I have to manually update User Entered for current

Best Regards
  • msills255347
    Options

9/7/23 got up this morning and when going to download my accounts found that 52.19 is forced upon me. Did it fix this issue of the TAX CENTER headline page showing a bunch of zeros until once again entering the tax planner and then exiting it? NO. IT WAS NOT FIXED. Do these people even listen to their customers I wonder? Then adding insult, I find that now I have to REAUTHORIZE all of my accounts AGAIN to share data with Quicken. Thanks for nothing!

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

no, the update 52.19 has not fixed anything for Tax Planner for me.

I have the same $0.00 and it uses random numbers to calculate projected values

I reset the Tax Planner, nothing helped so far

Best Regards
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The moderators posted an Announcement about this problem a couple of days ago:

Bookmark this announcement for further updates.
    I suppose we'll have to wait for the programmers to get a round tuit. It'll be fixed when we see it mentioned in a future Release Notes.

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

Its concerning this was first reported June 1 with R50.5 by several users and noted per (CTP-6982) but just now on Sept 7 reported as NEW?? 😒

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Allen109
    Allen109 Member ✭✭
    Options

still broken in R52.2 for me

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

it's time to calculate and pay 3rd Estimated Tax, and Tax Planner isn't working 🤢

Now I have to use Excel for it

What for we pay for the subscription?

Best Regards
  • bajohnson_47
    bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

still broken in 52.28

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

Going on 4 months with no fix.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Jim_Harman,

If you loaded the 52.33 did you happen to check the Tax Planner and see any difference from previous versions? They say they fixed somethings so I was curious. I don't want to upgrade anything until I know they fix the memo issue in reports.

What’s Fixed
    · Fixed an issue where attempting to refresh a biller using Refresh Bill resulted in the Unable to update billers error.
    · Fixed an issue in the Tax Planner where it displayed erroneous entries and inconsistencies between the Projected Tax Summary and the detailed Tax Planner.
    · Fixed a crash issue occurring after watching the introduction video and clicking Add Account.

[Merged Post]

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

With R52.33, if click on Planning > Tax Center and look at the Projected Tax section or display the Home Page Projected Tax panel, the values are now immediately populated with the data from the Tax Planner rather than zeros.

But the more serious and I think longstanding problem I recently reported with the Tax Planner has still not been resolved. If I go to the Tax Planner, select Details at the bottom of the list and cycle through the Detail pages by clicking on Next Detail Item, entries in other detail sections are changed, resulting in large changes in the Refund or Amount Due. That issue is discussed here

[Merged Post]

QWin Premier subscription
  • CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

In R52.33 the Projected Tax display on the Home page does display numbers but unfortunately the number displayed for Capital Gains/Losses is incorrect. Double clicking on any item to open Tax Planner and then closing Tax Planner results in a correct Projected Tax display.

• bajohnson_47
    bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

My 52.33 fixed Projected Tax, including Capital Gains without having to open Tax Planner. Granted I have very little (<$100) YTD Capital Gains.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

I figured out what's happening. When Quicken initially opens and display the Projected Taxes it is only including capital gains that were paid by mutual funds (i.e. capital gains distributions). It is not including any capital gains from selling stocks/bonds/mutual funds. These additional gains get included when you open/close tax planner.

• bajohnson_47
    bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
    Options

Good find Charlie. Worthy of a new issue so that the support folks don't think this is totally fixed. My capital gains were only from mutual funds.

• msills255347
    msills255347 Member ✭✭
    Options

version 52.33

I'm pleased to report that with this latest version everything under the Planning Tab, including the Tax Center appears to be working perfectly.

It's been a bit of a wait, but thank you, Thank you! You have restored my faith in Quicken!!!

I currently find no other performance issues and am very well familiar with every aspect of this program after all the number of years that I've been using it (since it's inception on a DOS format)

Michael

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The tax planner is seemingly working well for me. I sold some shares in Microsoft stock about a month ago. The tax planner picked that up for figuring capital gains tax. (Ouch (LOL)!

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Forgot to mention that the capital gains tax also appeared when first viewing taxes under the Planning Tab.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine continues to not load realized gains when first viewing Projected Taxes on the Home page. It's fine after I visit the full Tax Planner. Just as a check I validated (then super validated) my file and no errors were found by either. I also tried making a backup copy and then restoring it to see if that cleared out any cruff. No change.

Guess I'm special 😃. I did file a report of the problem with Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.