American Express Savings (QWIN)

Options

I am unable to direct connect my American Express savings account, when I try to add to Quicken from American Express Bank FSB, I get an error message that my log in information cannot be found. I can no longer download/import transactions from AmEx website, I get an error message there too.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @lorabmcphail,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bobpastx
    bobpastx Member
    Options

I have also experienced the same. When I first activated my AMEX savings account the transaction updates worked well. A few months back I noticed that the AMEX account was not updating. I deactivated and then attempted to set up again. I received an error message regarding my login information. I uploaded a screen shot with the error information. I have a couple of other savings accounts with other institutions and haven't experienced any difficulties with these - only difficulty has been with AMEX.

• lorabmcphail
    lorabmcphail Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Same issue for me as bobpastx; I have added my savings using American Express Banking, but every time I update it asks me to verify with a code by email/text and even after going through that, it still doesn't download transaction into the savings account. When I try to direct download transactions from my AmEx savings into Quicken, I get Quicken is unable to complete your request with OL-221-A code
  • seriously
    seriously Member ✭✭
    Options

It appears that Quicken is still using the old URL login for American Express. Amex changed their login procedure to separate Savings from Amex Credit Card accounts. The URL for Savings Accounts is now "https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/account/login", NOT "personalsavings.americanexpress.com" as Quicken shows on its connections screen, and Quicken needs to fix this.

• bobpastx
    bobpastx Member
    Options

Seems like an easy fix. The American Express FSB account needs to be updated with this URL or a new account, American Express Savings, needs to be added with this URL.

• xlnja
    xlnja Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just opened a new AMEX Savings account and was able to get Quicken to successfully connect using the financial institution, "American Express - Banking".
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply @xlnja,

Thank you for sharing what you were able to do to get your AMEX Savings account connected.

Thank you for your replies @bobpastx, @seriously, and @lorabmcphail,

Does connecting using "American Express - Banking" work for you also, or are you still unable to connect?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lorabmcphail
    lorabmcphail Member ✭✭
    Options
    Using AmEx-Banking links my savings account, but every time it updates, I get prompted for the security code and even after going through that process, no transactions are downloaded. So yes, able to connect, but no, transactions are not properly downloaded for me.
  • bobpastx
    bobpastx Member
    Options

I have attempted "American Express - Banking" on several occasions over the past several days. After inputting my sign in info for my AMEX account I receive an error message "Oops. There is a connection problem. CC-502."

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6992)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Using "American Express - Banking" works perfectly. My AMEX credit card account is linked with the savings account by AMEX so my credit card account login credentials are what I used.

• JB20
    JB20 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bruce are you using Quickens for Windows or Mac?
  • bobpastx
    bobpastx Member
    Options

Perhaps AMEX is linking all accounts, such as savings account, to a credit card account and if there isn't a credit card account they don't recognize the sign on used with Quicken Direct Connect resulting in a connection error or sign on error.

• lorabmcphail
    lorabmcphail Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I ran an update this morning, I was prompted for a code (again) but the transactions under American Express-Banking FINALLY downloaded, after I had already entered them manually. Maybe the issue has been resolved?
  • niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks it looks like this is working now. At least Quicken says the account is updating. Nothing has downloaded but I have 4 items pending so I'll see what happens. Hopefully they'll download to Quicken.

Now I have another issue. I have 2 accounts with American Express FSB. I changed the password on one account last week. It shows in the Account List as not activated for downloads but whatever I do, I can't get it to connect to the bank. The other account connects and downloads not problem. Can you advise on that one please?

Thanks again

• JB20
    JB20 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this same problem. After updating my credentials at the Amex Savings website I have been unable to connect the account to Quicken.

• niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

I am still experiencing an issue with American Express FSB. I have 2 accounts with them, one downloads fine but the other one won't connect at all

• Lesmoore15
    Lesmoore15 Member ✭✭
    Options

I reset my account in Quicken and it downloaded after that.

This discussion has been closed.