2023 Budget Line Items reverted to 2022 Budget Amounts

Options
Shunkster
Shunkster Member ✭✭

My budget was fine each month for the four months January through April 2023. Then when I went to prepare my May financial reports, I noticed my entire 2023 budget had totally changed. At least 80% of my line items reverted back to 2022 balances. I had to redo my entire 2023 budget. This is not acceptable!!! [Edited-Readability]

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Shunkster,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Do you have cloud sync turned on? To check that, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web (see sample image below).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• khg
    khg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken for Widows R50.8 27.1.50.8

This exact problem happened to me today. I was trying to fix another problem whereby I was asked to enter my Quicken password every time I opened the application. (That started a day or two ago after I installed the latest update.) I followed a solution I found in the Community that involved turning "ON" then "OFF" the Sync feature, a feature that I do not use. I closed Quicken, then when I re-opened the application, my 2023 budget entries were replaced by 2022 entries. (The Sync setting is still off.) While the problem of entering my Quicken password every time has been fixed, it turns out I'd much rather have the old problem than the new one! I reverted to a back up I had made yesterday, and in that version my 2023 budget is correct. I'd say this problem does seem to be related to the Sync issue.

• FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same occurrence. 80% of budgeted amounts reverted to 2022 ending values. yes I have cloud synch.

• Clark46
    Clark46 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. All my budgeted amounts reverted to my 2022 actuals.

• Clark46
    Clark46 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I called Quicken support today, and they were not aware of the issue. Apparently, the issue was due to the software revision 49.33. What appears to happen is that when you sync with the Quicken cloud, your 2022 Budget or actuals overwrite your 2023 budget.

Fortunately, Quicken does a data file backup before every software update. So look for a file labeled R 49.33 in your backup file folder. Restore that backup file to your main folder. Then make a copy of it before proceeding. This file should have your correct 2023 budget in it. Do a one step update, and you should get this data file back to current with the correct 2023 budget it it. You will still have to reenter any data that you manually entered since about 6/3/23.

It will be interesting to see if Quicken ever admits to this [Removed - Language].

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @Shunkster, Can you provide the steps you took to see the change in your budget. Did you simply open Quicken and open your budget? Was your Quicken updated before that? Did you run a One Step Update first and then notice the difference? Please let me know so I can properly report this. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• tcdessj
    tcdessj Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had the same problem for weeks. Contacted support twice and they didn't seem to know anything about it. I tried everything they suggested (validate, super-validate, copy and use copy, restore old backup from before it started) with no luck. Spent hours resetting everything twice only to have it revert again. Why didn't I check here first???? Using the two tips-turn off sync and restore the 49.33 update, it now appears I have my budget back. Of course, I have a month of transactions to sort out and still have the auto enter reminders resetting to just 'remind me.

• tcdessj
    tcdessj Member ✭✭
    Options

When I opened Quicken today, I checked that sync was off and did a One Step Update. Even though sync was off, Quicken still did a cloud sync, which overwrote the budget again. Any suggestions as to why and what I can do to make sure it doesn't sync?

This discussion has been closed.