Error QCS-403-1 and Failure to Sync (Q Mac)

Options
gbolger
gbolger Member ✭✭

I started getting Error QCS-403-1 today on my Nationwide Dynamic Growth Eagle account. I enter things manually, so this is not a connection problem. Also, this account never syncs to the mobile app, even though I have it set up to do so.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @gbolger,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide a screenshot of this error? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gbolger
    gbolger Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am no longer getting this error. Now these are coming up when I sync, despite having a strong wifi connection> The Nationwide account still does not sync, even after resetting the cloud.
  • MacUserPalmDesert
    MacUserPalmDesert Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have been unable to sync my Ameriprise brokerage account with my Quicken for Mac. I get the QCS-403-1 error for since June 6.

[Merged Post]

• monotaga
    monotaga Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm also getting error QCS-403-1 but not just for my Ameriprise brokerage account, but for all my brokerage and crypto accounts, even ones that don't have downloads set up.

[Merged Post]

• Mark Lawrence
    Mark Lawrence Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Anyone else having difficulty updating accounts at Schwab even after resetting the connection and verifying logins through Schwab? Been going on now for 3 days.

[Merged Post]

• gbolger
    gbolger Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got the Nationwide account syncing, but the errors are still there.
  • mekuehn
    mekuehn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm getting the same error across 29 account. Seems to be mainly brokerage account type. At least 5 of them are closed in quicken. Does not appear to be a download issue just a sync issue since data has download to the desk to the desktop.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @MacUserPalmDesert, @Mark Lawrence, and @monotaga,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To troubleshoot this error, first, please backup your Quicken file. Then go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Review the list and check to see if any inactive or closed accounts are still connected in Quicken (if it shows a financial institution name in the Financial Institution column, then Quicken thinks its connected).

If you find any, please close or disconnect those accounts. Once all inactive/closed accounts have been disconnected or closed as appropriate, please test to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• Mark Lawrence
    Mark Lawrence Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina - I've checked as suggested and all accounts correctly reflect their status. Must be something else.
  • kbasore
    kbasore Member ✭✭
    Options

I am suddenly having this issue also with an old 401k account and 2 current accounts. The old account and one of the current accounts both have no "Financial Institution" listed in the account list. The other current account does have a Financial Institution listed, and even it is correct.

This error started after the last Quicken Mac update.

• gbolger
    gbolger Member ✭✭
    Options
    I checked and all accounts that are there should be, so that is not it. I have a good internet connection, so the unable to find an internet connection error makes no sense. The error communicating with your servers must be on your end.I am attaching the screenshots again.
  • PattiG
    PattiG Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having this problem. But it is with our 4 IRA accounts at Fidelity and not our general brokerage account there. I have updated the connection, though I'm given only one connection option, but still get the same error msg. This is one of several problems I've been recently experiencing with Q for Mac and it's getting tiresome :( I have sent an error report to Q.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached, screenshots of the error message, and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

Quicken Kristina

• wilderaz
    wilderaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue across multiple accounts. Began approximately one week ago. Reported issue via Report a problem.
  • Rob_E
    Rob_E Member
    Options

Same issue with Fidelity. 2 of 4 accounts have been giving QCS-403-1 for about a week. Neither the other 2 Fidelity accts nor accounts with other institutions having problems. Reported via report a problem

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community to share that you are experiencing this issue.

We do have an active alert regarding users receiving QCS-403-1 errors during OSU/Sync. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark the alert, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gbolger
    gbolger Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good to hear, but I am not getting that error anymore, but rather the error in the screen shots I sent.
  • Tmoney45
    Tmoney45 Member
    Options

Got the same issue across multiple investment accounts.

• rjwronbo
    rjwronbo Member ✭✭
    Options

Got the same issue with Fidelity…. Glad it isn't just me…. Quicken fix this!

• dennismd
    dennismd Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue with Schwab on 4 brokerage accounts.
  • Mark Lawrence
    Mark Lawrence Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    well, something changed because it seems to be working now with schwab.
This discussion has been closed.