Nationwide Connects but Just Shows $0.00 [Edited]

Options
System
System Member admin
edited July 2023 in Investing (Mac)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Error QCS-403-1 and Failure to Sync.

Comments

• hornickj
    hornickj Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

When I go to setup account to pull down transactions, it will find the account and the balance in the account. However when it goes to connect the account to my Quicken the balance is $0.00 and no transactions exist.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @hornickj,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. I can see there are several different connection options when searching for Nationwide. What is the web address (URL) that you go to when logging into your account online? Have you verified with the financial institution that they support the ability to download detailed investment information into Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hornickj
    hornickj Member
    Options

The URL that I log into and the one within Quicken is the same. When I'm setting up the account in Quicken it shows the account and it's classification and the value within it is correct. However when you click to add the account it finishes and states the balance is zero.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @hornickj,

Thank you for providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Nationwide account(s) to see if the same issue occurs regarding the balance and transactions. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• hornickj
    hornickj Member
    Options

It states that the webconnect is disconnected or disabled.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @hornickj,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• hornickj
    hornickj Member
    Options

Doesn't appear to show the error today, however I'm able to add the account that shows a balance and then when it's fully added to Quicken it shows zero like the screenshots attached.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @hornickj,

Thank you for attempting the test file.

Due to the same issue occurring in the test file as in the main file, we recommend reaching out to Nationwide for further assistance, as this indicates an issue with how they send information through the servers. It is suggested to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps and I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• hornickj
    hornickj Member
    Options

I've already spoken to Nationwide before I started this thread. Obviously the connection to them works because it starts and provides Quicken the balance and account info that would be added. It's only in the end that completing the account addition is what loses the transaction information and balance goes to zero.

This discussion has been closed.