Why is Quicken asking for my password every time I start it?

12346»

Answers

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Janean thanks, I have installed the Canadian manual release, so far so good, I'll report back in a few days.

• jgackson
    jgackson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited June 13

Installed the manual release. The problem persists, although with the same nuance as before: it occurs each time I do OSU on my desktop computer, which happens to store the Quicken data file and Quicken settings on different drives, but it doesn't occur (and generally hasn't occurred) when I do OSU on my laptop computer, which stores the two file groups on the same drive. (It's exactly the same data file in each case, as I keep it in a Dropbox folder to which both computers have access.) As expected, the laptop does request a login when I'm connected away from my home network.

My best guess all along has been that whatever ticket or authentication bits are created when one logs in are stored on the same drive as other quicken settings, which is C: on each of my computers, but Quicken goes looking for the ticket or bits on the same drive as the data file, which is different on my desktop computer (D: rather than C:) yet is the same on the laptop (C:). That would explain both why Quicken keeps asking me to sign in on the desktop (it never finds tickets/bits, since it's looking on D: but they've been saved on C:), but doesn't on the laptop (it successfully finds them since as it happens the settings and data file are on the same drive).

• ProfQuill
    ProfQuill Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Quicken updated to 27.1.57.12 on 06/12/2024, and after restarting, I was again asked to login. My data file is in the standard Documents folder on my laptop's C: partition so nothing unusual there.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭

It's now been a full week since I installed the Canadian manual release. I have not been prompted for my password since the installation. Over the course of the week I restarted Quicken at least once per day.

So at least for me, YMMV, this problem appears to have been solved. Thanks!

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 21

I spoke too soon. The problem has not been fixed in the Canadian manual release. 😪

(Perhaps relevant - the Canadian manual release notes make no mention of a password fix, whereas the American release notes do.)

• SFI
    SFI Quicken Windows Subscription Member

How do you get the Canadian release?

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 21

To get the Canadian manual release follow the link posted by @Quicken Janean on June 12.

This discussion has been closed.