Why have the fonts and appearance changed on the v7.1.1 Mac Premiere reports?

Options
shermanator100
shermanator100 Member
edited July 2023 in Reports (Mac)

And there is no way to change it in preferences because Mac users don't have a preferences option. If this change in look was deliberate, Quicken should think about restoring the older version because the new one is hard to read.

If any Quicken developer is reading this, please also put in our request to make Home and Office versions available to Mac users.

Thanks,

Patrick

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @shermanator100,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots if you are not given the option to add attachments.

In regard to Quicken Home and Business for Mac; this is in the works, though we do not have an ETA on when this will be released. Please refer to this Idea post for updates and feel free to add a comment to express how this would benefit you as well.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@shermanator100 It would be helpful in understanding your complaint to know a little more…

What version of Quicken Mac were you using prior to 7.1.1? Have you been using Quicken Mac all along (e.g. 7.0.x, 7.1.0, 7.1.1), or have you just moved from some much older version?

What version of macOS are you using, and did you just update that, or did you only update Quicken?

What sort of changes are you seeing in fonts and appearance? Are you describing a report in an onscreen report window, in a printed report, or both? As far as I can see in my Quicken, the appearance of the reports, including the fonts, have not been changed at all, and the reports seem easy to read. Release notes for recent updates to Quicken Mac do not mention any changes to reports fonts or appearance.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • shermanator100
    Options

Hi,

Here is a screenshot of a report. As you can see, the items are in a compressed bold font and the headings are in a thin, faded font. It prints the same as the onscreen version.

I'm using Mac OS 13.4.1. and Quicken Version 7.1.1. I have been updating the Mac consistently as the updates become available and the same goes with my Quicken app. I keep everything current. I did not upgrade from an older version. I have been using Quicken since 2001.

Thanks,

Patrick

• jacobs
    Options

Wow! That's quite odd. I've never seen fonts change like that in Quicken. do you see the same thing on a printed report as you do onscreen? Here's what I see onscreen generating a comparable report:

When I print the report to a PDF file and open it in Adobe Acrobat, I can see that this report uses three fonts: Helvetica, Helvetica Bold and HelveticaNeue. I wonder if you have deleted/replaced any of these fonts on your computer?

Before digging further on the fonts, though, I also notice you are using the old Category Summary report. Although I did the same for my screenshot above, it is strongly recommended you stop using this out-of-date report. It is known to omit transactions in some instances, and is slated to be removed from the program at some point when the developers get around to it. Instead, use the modern Transactions by Category report which replaced the old Category Summary; it offers more options and, more importantly, it's accurate! 😀 I'd be interested to see if you have font issues using any Transactions by Category (or any other reports using the modern reports engine).

• shermanator100
    Options

Thanks Jacobs! Seems like all of my Helveticas are on. Not sure why I'm still getting that result. I had to send my Category Detail report to my accountant via a CSV file. I couldn't wait. Hopefully, there aren't any omissions. Per your recommendation, I looked at the "Transactions by Category" report, but it might take some time to learn how to categorize for this report in a different way, since I use both Categories and Tags to do my reports. I have to work this way because I have an S-corp, LLCs, and commercial and rental properties to itemize. I use the Categories to separate the businesses and Tags to itemize the expenses. If you have a better way to do this, I'd love to know. My accountant wants me to use Quickbooks, but I'm a Quicken lifer and it's at least $30/month. That's why I'm eager to get Home And Office for Mac. Tell your programmers to get on it!😁😘

Thanks Again!

Pat

• jacobs
    Options

Experiment with the Transactions by Category and/or Transactions by Tag report, or simply click New > Transaction Report and build it on your own. You can show both Categories and Tags.

As I said earlier, the old Category Summary report is known to sometimes omit data, so I would spend the time to re-create your report with the modern reports engine rather than risk passing wrong data to your accountant.

Also note that a Home and Business version won't necessarily provide more transaction reports than the current Quicken version, only because then current offering is pretty flexible.

Also, your reference to "your programmers" is misplaced. I'm just a fellow Quicken user, and the programmers don't see the comments in this community forum. The Quicken Mac product manager has said they are going to add home & business functionality to the Mac product, but we don't know what that will look like now when it will become available. I'd expect it will be delivered as incremental improvements over time — and not for a while yet.

• shermanator100
    Options

Sorry about that. Thought you worked for Quicken because you were so knowledgeable. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.