Discover Bank not working

Options
Matthew42
Matthew42 Member ✭✭

Lost connection to my accounts at Discover Bank. Quicken's suggested fix to reset connection actually just deleted bank information instead. Attempts to reestablish the connection result in a "login to your bank" window followed two seconds later by a "no connection" error. Please fix.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Matthew42,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working to resolve it, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@zot100 @LarryHolmes1414 @DJok @MarkCancellieri @sbyrne1009

There's another thread that covers this issue in great detail,

Here's the TLDR:

First, if you're trying to connect a credit card, stop and use the discover card services institution instead. Problem Solved.

Now, if you're dealing with a bank account, the issue is with Quicken's Express Web Connect Plus (EWC+), which simply DOES NOT WORK. There is no workaround to get EWC+ to work, it simply DOES NOT WORK.

BUT, we can go back to the older connection method, Express Web Connect (horrible similar misleading names for features that work completely differently). To do this you need to downgrade Quicken to a version from before they forced Discover Bank connections to EWC+. That's R49.29, here's the link: Normal reminders to backup your data file before applying program updates and patches

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE.

Note that this will reintroduce any bugs fixed between R49.29 and now so if those are showstoppers for you you have a tough choice. You will also need to reject all Quicken attempts to automatically update itself. I recommend not upgrading again to the current version until Quicken confirms that the issue is resolved in the community alert thread for the issue:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Matthew42,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working to resolve it, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

+Also having problems with Discover.

• sbyrne1009
    sbyrne1009 Member
    Options

This is going on for at least 30 days. It is a Quicken issue since I get online updates from other financial tools.

• DJok
    DJok Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here, any ETA on a fix?

• MarkCancellieri
    MarkCancellieri Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It's very disappointing how long it is taking them to fix this issue. [Removed - Speculation]

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Updated to R50.16 today in hopes that the Discover Bank connection issue was resolved. No yet…. why is that the constant response.

Anja, I appreciate you telling us (repeatedly) that the issue is known and is escalated internally, but that's getting a bit old. The problem has remained since at least the end of May. How about some action on this or, if still unresolved, an explanation of what's going wrong.

• LarryHolmes1414
    LarryHolmes1414 Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too, July 2,3&4. Support says known issue…. I did a update today…. Jul 5… I am at R50.16 Build: 27.1.50.16 NOT FIXED. Called support and they added me to a list of some kind.

I asked and agent said that I will get an eMail notice when the ticket is resolved. I sure hope that is correct and that we really can be added to known issue… ticket w/ automatic notification by Q when fix/patch/work around is posted…. to all of us.

• zot100
    zot100 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same Issue after restoring from a backup for other reasons, Discover Bank will not reconnect ND FAILS as shown. Issue has persisted for several days.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@zot100 @LarryHolmes1414 @DJok @MarkCancellieri @sbyrne1009

There's another thread that covers this issue in great detail,

Here's the TLDR:

First, if you're trying to connect a credit card, stop and use the discover card services institution instead. Problem Solved.

Now, if you're dealing with a bank account, the issue is with Quicken's Express Web Connect Plus (EWC+), which simply DOES NOT WORK. There is no workaround to get EWC+ to work, it simply DOES NOT WORK.

BUT, we can go back to the older connection method, Express Web Connect (horrible similar misleading names for features that work completely differently). To do this you need to downgrade Quicken to a version from before they forced Discover Bank connections to EWC+. That's R49.29, here's the link: Normal reminders to backup your data file before applying program updates and patches

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE.

Note that this will reintroduce any bugs fixed between R49.29 and now so if those are showstoppers for you you have a tough choice. You will also need to reject all Quicken attempts to automatically update itself. I recommend not upgrading again to the current version until Quicken confirms that the issue is resolved in the community alert thread for the issue:

• BONOMOLCE
    BONOMOLCE Member
    Options

I am having the same issue, July 9th, Had to restore from backup , lost ability to download transactions on Credit cards and bank accounts. Had to set up all again. Discover Bank is the only one not allowing to set up again. Please give this priority. Have the same screen as ZOT100 does, see July 8th 2023 comment. Thanks .

This discussion has been closed.