Errors trying to connect to - One Nevada Credit Union x

Options
bbyepub
bbyepub Member ✭✭

My One Nevada Credit Union accounts stopped syncing via Express Web Connect. The last successful sync was on June 11th. I have attempted to add the accounts again multiple times over the past week and consistently receive the error message below:

I have also submitted the issue from within the application, but have not received any response.

Is anyone else have accounts with One Nevada Credit Union, and if so, are you having the same issues?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since the web address did not change and you are getting a "not your fault" error, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time, review log files, and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When selecting "One Nevada Credit Union" from the Add Account screen look for the "Advanced Options" link at the lower right of the screen and click it. Try selecting "Direct Connect" from the next menu and see if that allows you to login.

• sswapp
    sswapp Member
    Options

I have the same issue with One Nevada. Many hours with tech support and no fix. Also had this escalated and it still isn't fixed. Going on two weeks with no connection and no fix in sight.

Any updates anyone can provide to help? I really need this fixed asap!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @sswapp,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

Were you able to attempt @UKR's instructions located above?

We look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Jasmine,

Yes, I have attempted the Direct Connect option, but it does not accept the login credentials I use to login to my account using their website portal. When I contact One Nevada, no one that I have talked to there seems to understand what I am talking about in relations to Quicken, and they continue to direct me to contact you (Quicken) for assistance.

This has become very frustrating — especially in light of the fact that I still can't seem to update my PayPal Credit account in Quicken either.

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the error I get when I attempt attempt @UKR's instructions located above. I have an Internet Connection because I am using it now to sent add this post.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bbyepub,

Thank you for sharing that screenshot.

This error usually appears when your computer cannot establish an internet connection with Quicken. Please note, these errors do not mean the computer has lost internet connection, simply that Quicken cannot establish an internet connection. Also, you may be able to successfully sign in to your bank's website, but still receive the error in Quicken, due to Quicken being unable to establish an internet connection. You may follow this link to a FAQ that provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    Options

Good morning Jasmine,

The FAQ provided above was not helpful at all. I am still unable to connect and update my One Nevada Credit Union accounts in Quicken. I am also no longer able to connect and update my Nevada State Bank account. This has been the case for about a week now.

So to summarize, I can no longer connect and update my PayPal Credit account, my One Nevada Credit Union accounts, AND my Nevada State Bank account. I will state that One Nevada Credit Union and Nevada State Bank both have recently launched new web portals.

I am hopeful that this can be resolved quickly as it is becoming very frustrating to use the application.

Thank you!

• Kevin O
    Kevin O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I continue to experience same problems and the FAQ provided was not helpful. This stopped working after One Nevada Credit Union updated their website. Waiting for an answer?

When trying to setup update now, I provide login and password. I then see briefly the error above "quicken is unable to establish an internet connection" which quickly disappears. I am then prompted with a drop down box for my two factor authentication. A number is texted to my cell phone. I input the 2FA number and then receive the following screen.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @bbyepub and @Kevin O,

You both mentioned the issue started when the financial institution updated their website. Did the web address you go to when logging into your account change?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Kevin O
    Kevin O Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

The website is located at https://www.onenevada.org/ which is the same though when you login it does redirect to https://secure.onenevada.org/onenevadaonlinebanking/uux.aspx#/login which is part of same domain. Again, I can personally login to the bank using the same login / password via their website with no problems. Quicken also has had updates since that time also. Somebody on the quicken side needs to reach out to the bank.

• Kevin O
    Kevin O Member ✭✭
    Options

The website is www.onenevada.org , though when clicking on login, it redirects to secure.onenevada.org/onenevadaonlinebanking/uux.aspx#/login which is still the same domain name. Quicken also had updates during this time. Just wish someone from quicken would work One Nevada as this is frustrating since we cannot due anything as a user.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since the web address did not change and you are getting a "not your fault" error, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time, review log files, and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• fightergator
    fightergator Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I'm having same problem since 25 June. I talked to OneNevada last week and they told me to hold on while they sorted it. Called again today and person I spoke to, although very friendly, was unable to assist. Basically he said to disconnect from OneNevada and go back and set up One Step Update, which I had already done multiple times. We spent 20 minutes troubleshooting with not result. I even tried setting up a new account, which is the only way I could get the "advanced options" link, mentioned earlier, to appear. I tried both direct connect and web express connect, with no success. Compounding the problem; no-one I've spoken to at OneNevada uses Quicken or knows anything about it. One thing we did discuss is fact that when I get the 2FA code to sign in, I get a six digit code when logging in online and an eight digit code when trying to login on Quicken?!

• sswapp
    sswapp Member
    Options

I am still having these exact same problems.

I have spent hours with Quicken support with no luck.

Nothing works, I believe I exhausted all of Quicken’s tech support people, had this escalated twice and now it’s in a forever pending state with no fix on the horizon.
    What is my next option besides asking for a refund and moving to Quickbooks?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Following up on this discussion, I noticed your issue was an OL-297 error.
    In the discussion below, another user went thru an entire wild goose chase trying to solve this same issue.
    Finally, in the last comment posted, the user did something different, never suggested before, and succeeded. Please try this user's solution and see if it'll work for you 

Not able to update any transactions or balances or quotes from latest Quicken software

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you UKR for your interest in assisting, and the lead on a possible solution. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue in this case. Still awaiting on a resolution with no real help from Quicken or One Nevada Credit Union.

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    Options

I have worked in IT for nearly 30 years and have managed dozens of large software implementations that included integrations through enterprise service buses and extensive use of APIs. What I don't understand is, the "One Step Update" is a selling feature for Quicken and their financial software. Yet, when this feature doesn't work, they point to the customer/end user and the bank/financial institution to lead the resolution. If this were my company, and my software relied on integrations with the financial institutions, I would have my developers initiating and leading the resolution with them. It is Quicken that established the business relationship with the financial institutions to develop this feature in their software, not their customer/end users. I wouldn't require my customers/end users to lead the resolution with the integration partners that allow my software to work correctly. In fact, if anyone on my team even suggested such a thing, they would be reprimanded. Yet, here we are. As @fightergator mentioned, the staff at One Nevada don't use Quicken, they no nothing of how it works, how the integrations work, and truthfully have no stake in making it work. I could go into how APIs work, but in short, the financial institutions provide connection criteria and it is up to Quicken to make their software work using the criteria provided - not the other way around.

This is exceedingly frustrating — especially in light of the fact that One Nevada is not the only service not working. PayPal Credit no longer fails the "One Step Update" process, but new transaction are never discovered and added — but that I'll save for another thread.

• rgh22
    rgh22 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same issue with about six financial institutions (FI). After a lot of attempts at remedies suggested on various community threads, I found a partial solutions after I rolled back Windows 10 updates for the past 6 months. Now, I only get the OL-297-A error on three of the six FI's. All along, I have been using the latest Quicken update available for Windows.

It appears to me that there is not sufficient testing of Quicken when Microsoft releases their updates to see if Microsoft breaks something. This happens all the time with complex software. Perhaps Quicken doesn't have the resources that can keep up with this complexity. However, given the vast data regarding the symptoms from the community, Quicken should be able to rapidly diagnose and remedy the incompatibilities/defects.

• Amber70587
    Amber70587 Member
    Options

I am having the exact same problems and I am receiving the same errors as previously reported. I tried every suggested remedy in the thread above and I am still receiving the OL-297-A error with OneNevada. It won't accept the Quicken file download generated by the site either. It results in the same error. I haven't been able to update the account since early June. This is beyond frustrating. Is there any hope of a resolution for this issue?

• Kevin O
    Kevin O Member ✭✭
    Options

Not really sure of the purpose of this community forum if it is not monitored by Quicken Technical Support. This is obviously a failure on Quicken's part as it affect multiple institutions. Whether related to a Microsoft update or quicken update, Quicken should be responsible to resolve it.

• Kevin O
    Kevin O Member ✭✭
    Options

Even setting up a new account with One Nevada recieves the OL-297-A Error (Not your Fault), then it goes forward prompting you for name and password, then the One Nevada passes your 2FA Pin, you enter the PIN and receive

• Kevin O
    Kevin O Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Multiple users in the community forums have been reporting connection errors with One Nevada since June and we have not received any solution nor do I see it being tracked in this OLB issues thread. Users will receive the OL-297 error or the generic we received an error, it's not your fault.. Any help?

[Merged Post]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

there appears to be two listed entries for - One Nevada -
    BUT…. the One Nevada CU - DC ……. has NO listed downloading protocols !

it seems the error screens listed above
    appear to be using the correct entry - One Nevada Credit Union - so that is not the problem -

11541 11541 11541 One Nevada CU - DC
    https://onenevada.org/ 800-388-3000
    https://secure.onenevada.org/onenevadaonlinebanking/uux.aspx#/login ACTIVE

10888 10888 10888 One Nevada Credit Union
    https://www.onenevada.org/ 800-388-3000
    https://secure.onenevada.org/onenevadaonlinebanking/uux.aspx#/login ACTIVE
    ACCOUNTINFO,BANKING&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rich-Vegas
    Rich-Vegas Member ✭✭
    Options

Have been dealing with lack of connection to One Nevada CU since a week before they updated their platform. And apparently didn't work with Quicken. But Quicken has been aware of issue for nearly a month as of 7-21-2023 and I can't get past Level 2 support to Level 3 - where it has to go…everyone needs to open a trouble ticket with Quicken until this gets fixed. Took many months years ago during another upgrade, hopefully gets faster attention this time.

• Rich-Vegas
    Rich-Vegas Member ✭✭
    Options

Has anyone had any success linking those two finger pointers?

This discussion has been closed.