BUDGET - copy Categories

Options
TPao
TPao Member ✭✭

I created a new fiscal budget.

I chose the option to just copy categories no data.

However, some categories have data in the summary column even though each month is blank.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TPao,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did this issue occur? Did this issue occur after performing an update to your Quicken for Windows application? If so, which update? Did you receive any error codes or messages? Which steps did you take to copy the categories?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• TPao
    TPao Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

No recent update, maybe 2 weeks ago. Our FY is over so I started to create ne FY (July ~ June).

I used the automatic method in Planning.

Copy categories but no data. [Edited - Readability]

I did validate file and it seemed to find lots of inconsistencies in categories.

Thanks

• TPao
    TPao Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I also decided to restore it to 5 days ago.

It's better but still some categories that have negative Balance! [Edited - Readability]

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible that the negative balances are the result of including scheduled future reminders in the budgets view? (Budget Actions / View options / Include reminders)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the budgets view showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac
    Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.