Is there an issue with downloading from Fidelity?

Options
bjwinfree
bjwinfree Member

Is there an issue with downloading from Fidelity?

Comments

• Dan Houghton
    Dan Houghton Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting the "an error has occurred" message when doing a one step update.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ran OSU on 3 different data files with multiple Fidelity accounts and account holders today over the last 6 hours. No issues or error messages were encountered, balances were updated and several new transactions were downloaded.

Would you please provide more details as to what the issue is that you are encountering?

"An error has occurred" is a fairly common error message when some communication issue has been encountered. Often it is because the financial institution's server is busy so it is not responding or it is too slow in responding.

When I get this I will usually run Update Now (OSU for just a single financial institution) right away or a little later in the day and the "error" will no longer be encountered. If you have not already tried doing this, you might want to try it now. Let us know the results.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bjwinfree and @Dan Houghton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your responses.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Dan Houghton
    Dan Houghton Member ✭✭
    Options

Image is attached as the one step update was occurring. The rows indicating an error are trying to update Fidelity (retirement and non-retirement) and Vanguard accounts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Dan Houghton,

Thank you for providing that screenshot.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Dan Houghton
    Dan Houghton Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Jasmine - that didn't work.

• roenie
    roenie Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issues. Fidelity accounts stopped updating few days ago. I tried resetting, deactivating, and reactivating but it does not work.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@Dan Houghton - Your screen shot is a picture of what you are seeing during the OSU update process. When the OSU process has completed running, what does the OSU Summary show for those particular accounts? Is there an error code listed?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I have not been having any download issues with Fidelity across multiple accounts in multiple data files. But I am seeing a few posts lately by users who are experiencing download issues.

Exactly which day did Fidelity stop downloading? Note that Fidelity does not generally download mutual funds data on Sundays, Mondays (before 6 pm Central time) and on Holidays and on the day after Holidays (before 6 pm). Stock trades and cash transactions will usually download in the day they occur.

Does the top of your Fidelity account(s) register show something like what is shown here shaded in yellow? If so, what date and time are shown?

Also, in Account List what does it show in the Transaction Download and Last Download columns? (If you do not see these columns in your Account List, click on the Options button at the below and to the left side of Account List and then check these two things so they are added to Account List.)

• tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For what it’s worth, I’ve had this ongoing since last December. Eventually Fidelity will work for a few days, then go back to the unknown error. I gave up trying all the suggested fixes… none of them work.

• ChuckA
    ChuckA Member
    Options

That last successful Fidelity Netbenfits update for me was on July 3rd. Once again, it's broke.

• K Cole
    K Cole Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been getting the "an error has occurred" with no code on my Vanguard & Fidelity accounts. Everything else works.

I attached a snip of a one step update showing that only those accounts have problems.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me. Includes some Fidelity Netbenefit investments in the account, but not others. Quicken does not seem in a hurry to fix this. But Fidelity is not a big financial institution, just like Boston is not a big college town.

• Dejac DeJack
    Options

Update from Fidelity NetBenefits starting on 7/10 and since has been pulling wrong Security - in Security field it states: "Unidentified Security:

Additionally, the contribution was categorized as 'Bonds Bought' as opposed to expected 'Buy - Shares Bought':

There's definitely a problem out there and I can't seem to get the proper support from either side after calling both.

• Namir
    Namir Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting 0 balance for my Fidelity 401K account for weeks now, despite numerous resets of the connection. It connects OK and acts normal but returns 0 balance when the balance is not 0.

• trco
    trco Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting the "Unidentified Security" issue for a while now too. I called into support and they acted like it was a new issue which it clearly isn't and blamed Fidelity (which I find implausible).

• mhemmers30
    Options

I have been having the same issue for weeks now. Quicken reports that my Fidelity NetBenefits accounts have been updated, but no transactions are downloaded and the security prices aren't updated.

• Lightfader
    Lightfader Member ✭✭
    Options

Net benefits link is not updating prices correctly for many of investments e.g: Total Stock Market Index. Some are working fine e.g:
    interest income fund .

Are any other users experiencing the same ?

Seems the ones not updating have a prefix on the CUSIP of NON40. for example NON40OJGG

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

To all those submitting above: WHICH FIDELITY? There's Fidelity Investments, Fidelity NetBenefits and the Fidelity Credit Card (which is actually issued and supported by Elan)

Multiple issues have been reported, in other threads, about NetBenefits and the Elan credit card … but I download from Fidelity Investments into 6 accounts without problem, 6 days a week.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dejac DeJack
    Options

When is Quicken going to fix issue with Fidelity NetBenefits downloading current balances where Securities show up as 'Unidentified Security' and the record is configured as 'Bonds Bought' - not 'Buy -Shares Bought' as it did for years and should still. See my above comment and image from August 22nd. This is getting frustrating having to update the records each time. Feels like Quicken is skimping on quality solutions since subscriptions took over. Where are the resources to fix? Where are the troubleshooting tickets to resolve? Very disappointed in Quicken quality of late being a long-time user of the software. Several other bugs have suddenly appeared after each update, e.g., bogus "Enter a proper date" pop-up modal each time after accepting new monies and deposits.

• trco
    trco Member ✭✭
    Options

They appear to have fixed it with update pushed out today 11/16/23

This discussion has been closed.