Investment Page Calendar Feature Request

Options
David Shuman
David Shuman Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments

I've been a Quicken for Windows user for decades and the small calendar in the investment page is handy for viewing what your investments were and their values on any given day in the past. I often want to see the last few days' values.

Being able to click a left arrow multiple times to see the previous days' values would be a simple, but very wonderful feature. It has always been multiple clicks to view each individual day, and I regularly want to "scroll" through the last few days to see what has happened over the last period of time.

I believe this is a very simple UX change:
On the investment page, with the calendar, I would love to be able to click arrows <- and -> left and right, to change the date, one day at a time.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does using + and - keys work?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David Shuman
    David Shuman Member ✭✭
    Options

+ and - "kinda works". Take your mouse, click on the calendar, then from the keyboard press -, then press enter. To see the prior previous day, repeat, mouse and keyboard.

What I am describing is a single left arrow click, and the prior day's values are refreshed on the screen. Then click the left arrow again, and the preceding prior day's values are refreshed on the screen.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @David Shuman,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this the calendar on an Investing > Portfolio view or an account's Holdings view, to the right of "As of" and the date?

If so, try clicking in the date box to the left of the calendar then typing + and Enter or - and Enter. That will change the date by 1 day with 2 keystrokes.

If you are referring to some other calendar, please explain.

QWin Premier subscription
  • David Shuman
    David Shuman Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, this the Investing > Portfolio view, and yes, pressing "-" then "enter" works for each day's view. I would still like to see it in one-click with arrows. Thanks for the work around though!