improve connection not working for truist bank

Options
betsyv
betsyv Member

my direct connect service to truist bank stopped working for the 2nd time in a month. I have deactivated and reactivated all accounts and the "improve connection" is not working. it gives me an error "sorry we encountered an error. it's not your fault"

it downloads transsactions but will not upload my bill payments from quicken to truist, since on-line bill pay is now showing as "no" since i can't improve the connection.

I checked with truist, and no issues on their side. i pay a service fee for having direct connect.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @betsyv,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please specify which instance of the list below you currently show as set up in Quicken?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• betsyv
    betsyv Member
    Options

truist online banking

i spoke with support again yesterday. can you confirm there is an ongoing issue with direct connect in general and also with adding any new financial institution account with direct connect? He said there was and it was being worked on.

this started on July 15 and is a repeat of the same problem that occurred mid-june or so and mysteriously fixed a couple of weeks later. I hope he did not mislead me, since the direct connect feature is really convenient. I have to do manual bill pay at my bank website, since quicken won't direct connect any more.

I have verified with truist and northwestern mutual investments servicies NMIS that direct connect is activated for me on their end.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Currently, I am not seeing any alerts for the specific error you described in this discussion (Truist Online Banking- "Not your fault" error). If you have the ticket number from when you contacted us handy, I can check that ticket to see which alert they were referencing.

When you are connecting your accounts via Direct Connect, are you going to Tools>Add Account, searching for the financial institution, selecting Advanced Options, choosing Direct Connect, and then following the prompts?

If not, I would recommend following that process to see if it lets you connect that way or if you get the same error.

If you do get that error again, if would help if you could please provide a screenshot of the error (with any personal information blurred or obscured). If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• betsyv
    betsyv Member
    Options

they never gave me a ticket number for any of my conversations. I am very frustrated. I cannot add any new accounts at all and cannot improve connection to direct connect at all. It won't let me go past the first screenshot that you have because it gives me a message for every financial instituion that "we couldn't get informat about _____. the account will be set up as a manual account. I have also never received an email to provide feedback for support, which has been lousy. they are lying to me about everything, obviously. I have uninstalled and reinstalled software. Nothing works, and none of the repair utilities have worked. I have Norton antivirus on my computer and have tried turning off the firewall. I am weary of talking to people in India or wherever they are. I would love it if a real domestic support person could call me and try to figure out what is going on.

i am considering accessing an old download of quicken from a year ago that i found in my download folder and just installing that. at least it worked back then.

• betsyv
    betsyv Member
    Options

i would like it if you sent me a version of quick pior to June 1, which is when my original problems started. maybe i could install that and fix something.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you say the repair utilities do not work, are you referring to Validate and Super Validate? If not, then what other utilities have you used?

Norton Anti-Virus comes with a VPN. Do you use that VPN, or is it turned off?

If you want to revert to a previous version of Quicken, this article on Reinstalling and patching Quicken after subscription has expired provides the links to download previous versions of Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.