CapitalOne Not Connecting (Mac Ventura)

Options
AnneK48
AnneK48 Member ✭✭✭

For the last three days I have not been able to connect to CapitalOne. I am on a Mac running Ventura 13.4.1. I go through all the steps and at the end it says "An unexpected error has occurred." I also cannot clear the CapitalOne accounts. Even though I have disconnected the accounts (at least I think I have, the screen says "Reconnect") when I go to reconnect it still says I have two accounts connected. I cannot add it as a new account either. It just keeps telling me I have two accounts already connected. Update: I just disconnected Quicken from CapitalOne's website and Quicken is still telling me I have two accounts connected. I am now at a loss as to how to proceed.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @AnneK48,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Capital One? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any other error codes or messages?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AnneK48
    AnneK48 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I click on Account Settings in Quicken. In trying to solve this problem I disconnected my accounts on the CapitalOne website. The website is now showing them as reconnected. I follow all the directions to connecting my accounts in Quicken. Even though the accounts are showing as connected the "Unexpected Error" message is blocking them. The message is getting to CapitalOne because the accounts are showing as connected on the website. Here are my Screen shots:

1. Account Settings - I click on "Connect Account"
    2. Search for Financial Institutions - you can see on this screen that Quicken is still showing 3 accounts connected when, on the Account Settings screen it shows disconnected
    3. My connection type - How to connect (the second option is grayed out)
    4. Unexpected error. This happens every time. This connection was working fine until the last update.

• hnauert
    hnauert Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solutions?

• hnauert
    hnauert Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solutions?

• AnneK48
    AnneK48 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After my response 9 days ago with the screen shots - crickets. It is still not working for me.

Are you there @Quicken Jasmine

• hnauert
    hnauert Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Anne for the update. I hope we get answers soon.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @AnneK48 and @hnauert,

Thank you for your replies. That Unexpected Error message sometimes pops up if closed or inactive accounts still think they're connected in Quicken. I recommend that you start by making a backup of your Quicken file, then go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. You will want to check for any accounts connected to Capital One. If Quicken thinks the account is connected, you will see the financial institution name listed in the financial institution column.

If you find any accounts that think they're connected to Capital One, deactivate or close those accounts (you would close the account if it is closed on the financial institution side or if the account no longer exists). Once all Capital One accounts are deactivated, go to Account>Add Account and follow the prompts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AnneK48
    AnneK48 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Thank you I think that worked. I was able to download transactions. I had two hidden accounts, but I want to keep them. I just unhid them and that seemed to do the trick. Can I reside them? They have a history I want to keep.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You should be able to re-hide them. To hide the accounts, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts, then put a checkmark in the Hide in Lists column for the accounts you want hidden.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.