Schwab Balances, Downloads, Cash Balances still wrong after over a year

Options
ebcullen
ebcullen Member ✭✭

I still can't get Schwab investment accounts to sync correctly. I've tried everything suggested here, completely deleted and readded the accounts and I get inaccurate results. Some of my 9 accounts are correct. Some don't download at all. Some balances never reconcile. The Cash vs Govt Money Fund allocations are never correct. When is this going to get fixed?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ebcullen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. SWVXX (Value Advantage Money Market Fund) and SWGXX (Schwab Government Money Fund) should be mapped to cash. That was a change made when Schwab's connection method changed to EWC+.

If you are having trouble with bonds showing incorrect shares and causing your accounts to be incorrect, then I would recommend reviewing this Community Alert for steps on how to resolve that issue.

To be able to assist further with the other issues you mention, could you please provide more information? Are you getting any error messages when you try to download? Are all the accounts with Schwab under the same User ID, or are there multiple User IDs? What results were inaccurate when you deleted and re-added accounts?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ebcullen - In case you are interested, here is the Announcement that Schwab would be mapping these two MMFs to the Cash Balance instead of as shares held: SWVXX (Value Advantage Money Market Fund) and SWGXX (Schwab Government Money Fund).

If your accounts in Quicken have holdings of SWVXX and/or SWGXX you will want to get that corrected. The following link will take you to a post thread laying out the process. That post thread regards Fidelity (which does the same thing that Schwab does) but the basic process I think should be the same. If you do try following the process with your Schwab accounts you will want to backup your data file before proceeding: Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.