Asset Mixture and Type (Q Mac)

Options
Dan on Mac
Dan on Mac Member
edited October 2023 in Investments

Please let us edit Asset Type and Asset Mixture categories. Also let us make subcategories. For Type, I would like to choose ETF, Mutual Fund, individual equity or bond, crypto, cash, and CD. The current Type options are weird (why have Index as a type-maybe have that as a subtype under Mutual Fund or ETF and then have active managed as another subtype) For Mixture I would like subcategories -Bond: treasury, muni, corporate, international, etc. It's kind of silly we can't edit these. Quicken Mac 7.2.2

5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Dan on Mac,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PeterF59
    PeterF59 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a number of ETFs and Mutual Funds that have a significant percentage of real estate holdings but that shows up as 'unclassified' in asset mix. Being able to change this to 'real estate' or to add a 'real estate' asset mix in an ETF or MF would be very helpful in getting a better picture of my overall asset mixture. Thanks.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@PeterF59 your request is to be able to manually customize the Asset Classes in Quicken Mac. (This Idea request is to allow additional account Types.) There is a different Idea post for that feature request, and I suggest you click the View Post link here to go to that topic and add your vote for it:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993